Solium Infernum

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1085 replies to this topic

#251 Hey Kidz

Hey Kidz

TONY B. LIARS

• Members

Posted 16 December 2009 - 08:52 AM

i want to play one.

#252 Hentzau

Hentzau

Bringer of Nuclear Fire

• Members

Posted 18 December 2009 - 12:42 AM

I'm quite incandescently angry about something that's happened in the RPS game. It's gotten to the point where one player has become overwhelmingly powerful since taking another as his Blood Vassal. I'm the only one in a position to do anything about this. I had a pretty good shot at annihilating the vassal's armies and then taking enough prestige off of the Lord to give the rest of us a fighting chance. Myself and Gillen had sent out messages to the other two players saying that we needed to work together to have any chance of preventing a total loss.

Of course, this is the point at which one of them decides he's going to do something clever. With six legions bearing down on me, and with no hope for the rest of us if my armies are destroyed, he decides now is an excellent time to deploy a Machine. The Machine knocks two points off my Wickedness, depriving me of an order slot and the means to destroy a 16HP super-legion in the vanguard of the enemy host through Destruction rituals. The Lord has put all his resources into Deceit meaning it affects him not at all. I now have next to no chance of waging an offensive war; it'll be all I can do to keep hold of what I've got. Nobody else can do anything to stop them; Gillen's armies have been gutted, Speedo has been relying on arena combats to resolve vendettas and this guy can't even take one of the Vassal/Lord pair on his own, let alone both of them together. The game's been handed to them on a platter, all because this cretin - who thinks that "sitting on my ass doing nothing for fifty turns and running up a 130 point deficit" is the same as "plotting" - thinks he's far cleverer than he actually is.

Three weeks of effort and planning, all ruined by a total fucking idiot possessing no strategic nous whatsoever who wasn't even a contender. Gah.

#253 Hentzau

Hentzau

Bringer of Nuclear Fire

• Members

Posted 18 December 2009 - 12:59 AM

I mean he does all his communication in character even via email. This is how much of a fucking idiot he is; halfway deluded that he is actually some machiavellian archfiend in hell despite the fact that he's done nothing of note all game except steal one of my praetors. Meanwhile I've fought two vendettas and god knows how many arena combats to maintain my precarious position in close third place. I've had to put up with so much shit due to starting in the middle of four players with no natural barriers separating us and I've hung on by my teeth. Then this happens.

#254 Hentzau

Hentzau

Bringer of Nuclear Fire

• Members

Posted 18 December 2009 - 12:59 AM

RAGE

#255 Lu-Tze

Lu-Tze

Amazing Dave

• Members

Posted 18 December 2009 - 09:39 AM

Take his Stronghold and get him excommunicated then. If you can't win, win on your own terms.
Il Porcupino Nil Sodomy Est

#256 Hentzau

Hentzau

Bringer of Nuclear Fire

• Members

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:41 AM

Did you read the part where there's six legions* coming for me; I suspect part of the price for the Vassal becoming the vassal was that I get stomped on, given our history.

*There were seven before one of them was mysteriously incinerated by a Capricious Wrath.

#257 Lu-Tze

Lu-Tze

Amazing Dave

• Members

Posted 18 December 2009 - 11:00 AM

Ah yes, that would put rather a dampner on things.
I guess you could always pray for the excommunication event card, so you can all vote out the current winner.
Il Porcupino Nil Sodomy Est

#258 Hentzau

Hentzau

Bringer of Nuclear Fire

• Members

Posted 18 December 2009 - 12:00 PM

Yeah we may as well call the four player game there to be honest.

#259 Hentzau

Hentzau

Bringer of Nuclear Fire

• Members

Posted 22 December 2009 - 05:24 PM

Tee hee.

03:10 The phrase “me and a guy called Scrofula” appears.

#260 Masked Dave

Masked Dave

Ultimate Lu-Tze

• Admin

Posted 23 December 2009 - 12:24 PM

Is the game they talk about in that show the one you were complaining about Hentzau?
"It's amazing how deep we had to drill to find our key difference,
but it seems that whilst I am Amazing you are Ultimate."- Lu

#261 Hentzau

Hentzau

Bringer of Nuclear Fire

• Members

Posted 23 December 2009 - 12:33 PM

Yep.

#262 Male Taylor Swift

Male Taylor Swift

Evil bird

• Admin

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:46 PM

Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidz
George Alagiaaaaaaargh: I lost my pecker in the siege :(

#263 Male Taylor Swift

Male Taylor Swift

Evil bird

• Admin

Posted 03 January 2010 - 02:33 PM

View PostJosh, on Dec 28 2009, 06:46 PM, said:

Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidz

#264 Hentzau

Hentzau

Bringer of Nuclear Fire

• Members

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:15 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#265 Hey Kidz

Hey Kidz

TONY B. LIARS

• Members

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:34 PM

Sorry guys.

#266 Hentzau

Hentzau

Bringer of Nuclear Fire

• Members

Posted 05 January 2010 - 01:23 PM

Uh. Could somebody kindly explain to me why my legion has totally disappeared from the map. I beat the angels, so they didn't kill it.

EDIT: This looks suspiciously like a bug.

EDIT2: Can we rewind a turn.

#267 Hey Kidz

Hey Kidz

TONY B. LIARS

• Members

Posted 05 January 2010 - 01:55 PM

Did you not get an event played against you?

#268 Hentzau

Hentzau

Bringer of Nuclear Fire

• Members

Posted 05 January 2010 - 02:02 PM

I got jack shit played against me. What happened was that I attempted to attack the angelic host, and this has somehow resulted in them totally disappearing.

#269 Hentzau

Hentzau

Bringer of Nuclear Fire

• Members

Posted 05 January 2010 - 05:02 PM

I've sent Josh a revised turn file for the last turn that hopefully won't result in the Disciples vanishing into thin air. Sorry to be awkward, but I think everyone will agree that having your only legion suddenly disappear down a black hole through no fault of your own is game-crippling.

#270 Carlisle Dave

Carlisle Dave

Doctor at Law

• Admin

Posted 05 January 2010 - 05:44 PM

Yeah, I didn't get that. Your guys disappeared and I killed the Angels - it didn't make much sense, despite me not really wanting to.

#271 Hentzau

Hentzau

Bringer of Nuclear Fire

• Members

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:03 PM

Right, sorry about that. Everything back to normal now. Meanwhile, have fun paying the upkeep costs for the Beast Dave!

#272 Carlisle Dave

Carlisle Dave

Doctor at Law

• Admin

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:24 PM

Oh I will. I've got souls a plenty - at least enough to keep the Beast until I've done with him.

#273 Carlisle Dave

Carlisle Dave

Doctor at Law

• Admin

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:29 PM

Farewell Beast - you did what I asked of you!

#274 Hentzau

Hentzau

Bringer of Nuclear Fire

• Members

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:05 PM

Is it my imagination or are conclave tokens being drawn rather quickly. We've had one every turn for the last three turns.

#275 Male Taylor Swift

Male Taylor Swift

Evil bird

• Admin

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:34 PM

I think I have acquitted myself rather well in this vendetta.