Hear them Roar!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
88 replies to this topic

#26 Masked

Masked

Spammer in the Works

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 February 2004 - 04:12 PM

Carlisle Dave, on Feb 11 2004, 04:09 PM, said:

Yeah strange in a good way. I'm impressed you managed "posse of syphoritic...". That must have been quite a tongue twister!
hehe yeah, you don't know how many takes that took

it was no where near as bad as "luxurious" mind, or some reason I just couldn't get my mouth around it. And there was one word I just missed out altogether in Strange Case (acerbic I think) cause I just don't know how to pronounce it!
Masked Lacking my own humour, I thought I'd sponge off somebody else's.

"...they have more threads to spam whereas you have a monopoly here, lest we forget the night were you replied in every thread or 'Last Post: Masked Night' as I like to call it." - Nik (Elihu) on PCGF vs my post count.
BLOG! You know you want it.

#27 Carlisle Dave

Carlisle Dave

Doctor at Law

• Admin

Posted 11 February 2004 - 04:14 PM

Hehe, ass er bic.

Simple!

Oh and pinned you biatch!

#28 Masked

Masked

Spammer in the Works

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 February 2004 - 04:16 PM

ooooh, do it again!

*ahem*

"...they have more threads to spam whereas you have a monopoly here, lest we forget the night were you replied in every thread or 'Last Post: Masked Night' as I like to call it." - Nik (Elihu) on PCGF vs my post count.

#29 Carlisle Dave

Carlisle Dave

Doctor at Law

• Admin

Posted 11 February 2004 - 05:31 PM

As the mystery where it happened is lost change PCGCF to TCP. It'll sound a lot better.

#30 Masked

Masked

Spammer in the Works

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 February 2004 - 05:32 PM

Cool.

And phew, since thats what I've been doing ;) man, doing this is a lot more work that I thought. I need a break.

#31 Masked

Masked

Spammer in the Works

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2004 - 02:17 AM

Crap, just realised that pretty much all the mysteries are written in present tense, and I'm not going to change all that. Luckily I only went through about the first third of this one doing it.

Gah! Its so long!

#32 Guest_Polyhymnia_*

Guest_Polyhymnia_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2004 - 07:46 AM

Wow, that must have taken you so long! Well, I know I wasn't a part of Marple Mysteries (:() but if I can be any help then just let me know. :)

#33 Innokenti

Innokenti

I am an awesome horse.

• Admin

Posted 12 February 2004 - 10:45 AM

Masked, on Feb 12 2004, 02:17 AM, said:

Crap, just realised that pretty much all the mysteries are written in present tense, and I'm not going to change all that. Luckily I only went through about the first third of this one doing it.

Gah! Its so long!
Really? I don't believe so... It's been written in past tense prose since I joined in Nightline Zone...
Proud of Russia because we have cheaper Paracetamol
"" Jen (and KD) on my photoshop skills.
Look no further for Kentoshop™, KentiHugs™ and Abwebsobmeb!
"I don't know who he is either but whoever it is he looks craaaazy..." - Optimist about me. 

#34 Carlisle Dave

Carlisle Dave

Doctor at Law

• Admin

Posted 12 February 2004 - 12:12 PM

It changes from present to past tense somewhere in Northern Pie IIRC.

#35 Innokenti

Innokenti

I am an awesome horse.

• Admin

Posted 12 February 2004 - 01:07 PM

Hehehe... transition. It ought to be in the past for audio.
Proud of Russia because we have cheaper Paracetamol
"" Jen (and KD) on my photoshop skills.
Look no further for Kentoshop™, KentiHugs™ and Abwebsobmeb!
"I don't know who he is either but whoever it is he looks craaaazy..." - Optimist about me. 

#36 Jen

Jen

Miles Edgeworth: 2 Kool 4 Skool

• Members

Posted 12 February 2004 - 04:04 PM

I might have a go at the Tales at some point. Personally I would love to make the Tales into one of those crazy after midnight Sci-Fi shows. It would be absolutely class.

If you ever need any help with recordings I'm happy to help out - I love reading things for people! And...not wanting to sound immodest...I've been told I'm quite good at it. A friend of mine even wants me to work for the BBC.

Can you imagine this as a radio serial?
---------------------------------------------------------
I lost some time once...it's always in the last place you look for it. Violent Becoming Downtown, Olympus Town

#37 The Jackal

The Jackal

Number 2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2004 - 04:08 PM

Jen, on Feb 12 2004, 04:04 PM, said:

I might have a go at the Tales at some point. Personally I would love to make the Tales into one of those crazy after midnight Sci-Fi shows. It would be absolutely class.

If you ever need any help with recordings I'm happy to help out - I love reading things for people! And...not wanting to sound immodest...I've been told I'm quite good at it. A friend of mine even wants me to work for the BBC.

Can you imagine this as a radio serial?
I can.

I would volunteer but apparently I sound bored when I read  :confused:

Jen has the right voice for reading, especially - in my opinion anyway - stories and all that.

The most-involving - yet, alas, most difficult - way of serialising the mysteries is to have one Narrator, and the characters (voiced by the members) are recorded and spliced into the gaps.

I know someone who can do it, if no one here can.

#38 Masked

Masked

Spammer in the Works

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2004 - 08:15 PM

I thought of doing it like that, but that'd be such a huge job! Also conversations would sound crap as they're not actually responding to the other people.

Sometimes though other people are gonna be needed. I'm really glad your interested Jen as I was really worried about voicing the female characters (especially yours) and not making them comical. Also, I think we need to see who can do the best Mr. T (and others) impression, but stuff like that can be done when we get to each mystery.

Ah, and I can't do an evil laugh for the life of me (trust me, I was a panto villain and we had to edit the script so I never had to do one), most of the time I can work around it by just including the fact they happened in the narration, but it'd be good to know if there was someone out there who could do one.

Oh and other Jen (sorry! don't know how else to seperate you two!) you don't have to have been part of the mysteries to help! :)

#39 Guest_Polyhymnia_*

Guest_Polyhymnia_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2004 - 09:47 PM

The most-involving - yet, alas, most difficult - way of serialising the mysteries is to have one Narrator, and the characters (voiced by the members) are recorded and spliced into the gaps.

I know someone who can do it, if no one here can.
Well, as I was never a character (sob) I volunteer for narrator if nobody else wants to do it. I love doing voice-acting :D If I fail at being a lawyer I shall seek my career in becoming the voice of many cartoon characters...

Cartoons rule.

#40 Konstantine

Konstantine

Minion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2004 - 09:57 PM

I do a fairly good villain, and an exceptional evil laugh. Just don't ask me to voice anything else, as i would fail abomniably :P

#41 Guest_Polyhymnia_*

Guest_Polyhymnia_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2004 - 10:00 PM

Konstantine, on Feb 12 2004, 09:57 PM, said:

I do a fairly good villain, and an exceptional evil laugh. Just don't ask me to voice anything else, as i would fail abomniably :P
Can you purr like a bunny?

#42 Konstantine

Konstantine

Minion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2004 - 10:04 PM

/me barks manically
No. It appears not.

Oh, I'm bored at the moment and so am going to have a go at the first episode. Might as well try my hand at it and hope i don't get the metaphorical writer's version of parkinsons. Ah well.

#43 Masked

Masked

Spammer in the Works

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2004 - 04:51 PM

Polyhymnia, on Feb 12 2004, 09:47 PM, said:

Well, as I was never a character (sob) I volunteer for narrator if nobody else wants to do it.
Hey!

The whole reason I'm doing this is so I can voice it! :P I just need help now and then :)

and Konstantine, I think Dave is doing the first episode and I'm working on the second (Bryant Stith), so if you want to make a start on the third that'll be great, cheers  :canadian:

#44 Konstantine

Konstantine

Minion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2004 - 06:11 PM

I was referring to thetales.co.uk rather than 4M. But i'll have a look at it nonetheless.

#45 Guest_Polyhymnia_*

Guest_Polyhymnia_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2004 - 06:35 PM

Masked, on Feb 13 2004, 04:51 PM, said:

Polyhymnia, on Feb 12 2004, 09:47 PM, said:

Well, as I was never a character (sob) I volunteer for narrator if nobody else wants to do it.
Hey!

The whole reason I'm doing this is so I can voice it! :P I just need help now and then :)

and Konstantine, I think Dave is doing the first episode and I'm working on the second (Bryant Stith), so if you want to make a start on the third that'll be great, cheers  :canadian:
Sorry, wasn't trying to muscle in on your show.

*shrugs*

#46 The Jackal

The Jackal

Number 2

• Members

Posted 13 February 2004 - 06:58 PM

As long as you can do a decent impersonation of Edward Fox, then you'll have no trouble doing Gibbonsley.

#47 Janek

Janek

That's "Captain" to you

• Members

Posted 13 February 2004 - 07:08 PM

I can do me. Shockingly enough.
Ah! Harvard University! The special jail where people with too much math are imprisoned forever and forced to teach each other about poems.

Sandwiches are better than people. You can put anything you want in a sandwich, and it won't complain.

You spin me right round, baby, right round, in a manner depriving me of an inertial reference frame. Baby.

#48 Carlisle Dave

Carlisle Dave

Doctor at Law

• Admin

Posted 13 February 2004 - 07:09 PM

It's actually very hard to do yourself. Unless you're very lonely of course...

#49 Jen

Jen

Miles Edgeworth: 2 Kool 4 Skool

• Members

Posted 13 February 2004 - 10:01 PM

Carlisle Dave, on Feb 13 2004, 07:09 PM, said:

It's actually very hard to do yourself. Unless you're very lonely of course...
How frightfully rude!

Incidentally if I was to take on the female parts how would you suggest Marple sounded? I was always thought of her as the Magaret Rutherford Marple - more balls than something that has a lot of balls.
---------------------------------------------------------
I lost some time once...it's always in the last place you look for it. Violent Becoming Downtown, Olympus Town

#50 The Jackal

The Jackal

Number 2

• Members

Posted 13 February 2004 - 10:45 PM

Jen, on Feb 13 2004, 10:01 PM, said:

Incidentally if I was to take on the female parts
  My mind was still on the previous idea of "doing" oneself....

I was always thought of her as the Magaret Rutherford Marple - more balls than something that has a lot of balls.

What???