• Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

#1 Josh

Josh

Evil bird

• Admin

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:42 PM

http://uk.eonline.co...m-for-4-billion

I guess this is mainly so that we can spend two years making jokes about Mickeychlorians or something
George Alagiaaaaaaargh: I lost my pecker in the siege :(

#2 Janek

Janek

That's "Captain" to you

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:43 PM

Bwuuuuuuuh?
Ah! Harvard University! The special jail where people with too much math are imprisoned forever and forced to teach each other about poems.

Sandwiches are better than people. You can put anything you want in a sandwich, and it won't complain.

You spin me right round, baby, right round, in a manner depriving me of an inertial reference frame. Baby.

#3 Lu-Tze

Lu-Tze

Amazing Dave

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:44 PM

Posted Image
Il Porcupino Nil Sodomy Est

#4 Schtroumpf

Schtroumpf

Swashbuckling Boat Mage

• Admin

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:44 PM

How long before Leia joins the Disney Princess range?

"The temperature inside this apple pie is over 1000 degrees. If I squeeze it, a jet of molten bramley apple will squirt out. Could go your way; could go mine. Either way, one of us is going down."

#5 Schtroumpf

Schtroumpf

Swashbuckling Boat Mage

• Admin

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:55 PM

Although Disney haven't done too badly with producing a Marvel film every year and them not sucking so maybe they can find a decent story in the Star Wars Universe.  God knows they could get someone able to write dialog better than Lucas.

"The temperature inside this apple pie is over 1000 degrees. If I squeeze it, a jet of molten bramley apple will squirt out. Could go your way; could go mine. Either way, one of us is going down."

#6 Strudel the Dancing Pastry

Strudel the Dancing Pastry

There's no I in TEAM

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:27 PM

I thought, "AT last! Star Wars without Lucas fucking everyone in the eye!" And then I saw he's still going to be involved/fuck it all up.

Boo.
Spins and turns, angles and curves. The shape of dreams, half remembered. Slip the surly bonds of earth and touch the face of perfection - a perfect face, perfect lace.
Jentastic: THAT'S RIGHT, I like double entry
<@Strudel> How big's your dongle Kramer?
only about 2 inches :(

#7 Masked Dave

Masked Dave

Ultimate Lu-Tze

• Admin

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

He was "involved" in the first three - its only on the prequels that he was surrounded by Yes Men.

But this opens up so many new exciting new IP possibilities:

Pixar could make a Monkey Island film!
Warren Spector could make a Star Wars game!
Avengers 2 could feature Indiana Jones!
"It's amazing how deep we had to drill to find our key difference,
but it seems that whilst I am Amazing you are Ultimate."- Lu

#8 Elihu

Elihu

Boat press liaison

• Admin

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:33 PM

I've got a great feeling about this and I think it could work out really well.

#9 Elihu

Elihu

Boat press liaison

• Admin

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:33 PM

This was clearly a terrible idea and it's the last nail in the coffin of a once beloved and timeless franchise.

#10 Elihu

Elihu

Boat press liaison

• Admin

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

I'm giving myself a couple of options to choose from in 2015 to prove I was right all along.

#11 Innokenti

Innokenti

I am an awesome horse.

• Admin

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

Or maybe you will be 200% right if both somehow come to pass?
Proud of Russia because we have cheaper Paracetamol
"" Jen (and KD) on my photoshop skills.
Look no further for Kentoshop™, KentiHugs™ and Abwebsobmeb!
"I don't know who he is either but whoever it is he looks craaaazy..." - Optimist about me. 

#12 Fat Zombie

Fat Zombie

Bony Spectre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

Just delete whichever is appropriate when the time comes.

View PostElihu, on 01 November 2012 - 01:33 PM, said:

This was clearly a terrible idea and it's the last nail in the coffin of a once beloved and timeless franchise.

View PostElihu, on 01 November 2012 - 01:33 PM, said:

I've got a great feeling about this and I think it could work out really well.

Oh wait

#13 Schtroumpf

Schtroumpf

Swashbuckling Boat Mage

• Admin

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:08 PM

You are relying on the fact he wouldn't abuse his Admin powers and edit your post.  You are mistaken.

#14 Fat Zombie

Fat Zombie

Bony Spectre

• Members

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

I am aware of that. I am merely saying that there are ways and means.

Posted Image

I am willing to have this put on a t-shirt if it is deemed necessary.

#15 Josh

Josh

Evil bird

• Admin

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:02 AM

You were watching Justin Bieber videos on youtube?

You also googled "are admins wizards".
George Alagiaaaaaaargh: I lost my pecker in the siege :(

#16 Fat Zombie

Fat Zombie

Bony Spectre

• Members

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:43 PM

Well done! You got the joke. I also have tabs for Reddit and 4chan open.

#17 Elihu

Elihu

Boat press liaison

• Admin

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

In a restaurant. Couple on table next to me trying to remember star wars plot. Current theory is that han solo is darth vaders father and princess laia gave birth to padme.

#18 Schtroumpf

Schtroumpf

Swashbuckling Boat Mage

• Admin

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:13 AM

Did you not louldy proclaim "Stop getting Star Wars wrong" and then tell them the whole plot from the Great Sith War to beyond Thrawn until you were dragged from the restaurant screaming about Han shooting first?

#19 Booey1

Booey1

Flunky

• Members
  • Pip

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

Is Thrawn going to be in the next 6 films as the uberbad? That would be sweet and vaguely fits with the time frame. I can't think of who they would cast as him though...
"You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?""-George Bernard Shaw
“For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.” - Nelson Mandela
“Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy.”-Proverbs 31v8-9
“The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them: that's the essense of inhumanity.”-George Bernard Shaw

Ignorance leads to fear, fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate and hate leads to suffering. Defeat suffering, know your 'enemy'.

#20 Fat Zombie

Fat Zombie

Bony Spectre

• Members

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

Most likely (and entertaining) would be if Disney decided to do a Star-Trek style reboot; not of the main trilogies but continuing on from the main films and just bulldozing the EU like so much matchsticks.

#21 Masked Dave

Masked Dave

Ultimate Lu-Tze

• Admin

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

I imagine nobody has any bloody idea what it's going to be yet, but my guess is that they'll ignore the EU.

#22 Innokenti

Innokenti

I am an awesome horse.

• Admin

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

I think they're going to take inspiration from the stuff where it works, but given how much of it there and with 90% being gunk, it would be madness to try and actually keep it or even dare to try maintain consistency. You'd have to employ a team of people just to verify canon and have things tally up.

(I still think the best way to go is to just ignore 'canon' as a thing and go with the flow of whatever you're making now, consistency be damned.)
"I don't know who he is either but whoever it is he looks craaaazy..." - Optimist about me. 

#23 Masked Dave

Masked Dave

Ultimate Lu-Tze

• Admin

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

To be fair, Lucasarts have always been very good with maintaining the cannon and fiction of the EU as a consistent whole. I just don't think there's any point adapting it just because it's there. For most people the Extended Universe doesn't exist - and Lucas rightly ignored it when making Episodes 1 through 3 - so there's no reason to be beholden to it.

#24 Innokenti

Innokenti

I am an awesome horse.

• Admin

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

View PostMasked Dave, on 12 November 2012 - 04:55 PM, said:

To be fair, Lucasarts have always been very good with maintaining the cannon and fiction of the EU as a consistent whole. I just don't think there's any point adapting it just because it's there. For most people the Extended Universe doesn't exist - and Lucas rightly ignored it when making Episodes 1 through 3 - so there's no reason to be beholden to it.

I am not sure that tooth-comb maintenance has done anyone favours though, and ultimately it puts people into creative holes as you have to try and reconcile things, rather than just write. I guess I just dislike anything that pays too much attention to canon over new good stories.

Frankly I think I care little anyway given I've dipped in only a little across the EU, new films are going to be interesting to consume whichever way they go.

#25 Masked Dave

Masked Dave

Ultimate Lu-Tze

• Admin

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

GOOD NEWS! Apparently they've given script writer duties to the man behind Toy Story 3's script.