The Completely Fantastical Character Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 Innokenti

Innokenti

I am an awesome horse.

• Admin

Posted 19 November 2010 - 10:15 AM

This is the place to post up details of your characters for the Completely Fantastical Tales!

The settings is broadly Fantasy-themed and includes the influences of such favourites as Fogotten Realms (D&D), Lord of the Rings and Conan the Barbarian (and who doesn't love him?)

There are no specific character sheet rules that you need to stick to, but it's usually good to know the character's Name, background/history and some guide as to what they're like. The latter is to give other people writing things with your characters involved some idea of how they need to characterise them!
Proud of Russia because we have cheaper Paracetamol
"" Jen (and KD) on my photoshop skills.
Look no further for Kentoshop™, KentiHugs™ and Abwebsobmeb!
"I don't know who he is either but whoever it is he looks craaaazy..." - Optimist about me. 

#2 Masked Dave

Masked Dave

Ultimate Lu-Tze

• Admin

Posted 19 November 2010 - 10:32 AM

Ma'Skd

Not much is know about this dark figure who clings to the shadows, but his name is feared by all the rich and powerful.

Known to be the 2nd best assassin in all of Generica his allegiance is to money alone and will work for any able to afford his mighty fees.

His enemies can never track him and you will never see him coming, but you will know it was him from the sharpened throwing kipper embedded between your eyes.

The only thing that haunts him is knowing that still out there, although not seen for years, is his nemesis, the man known as the best assassin in all of Generica, the man known only as: Le Chacal.

(I was umming and ahhing about doing this, but you know what, Masked is still the favourite character of mine that I've ever had in a Tale and he fits the setting well so why the hell not! :) Whether this one will ever actual be able to kill anyone after appearing remains to be seen. )
"It's amazing how deep we had to drill to find our key difference,
but it seems that whilst I am Amazing you are Ultimate."- Lu

#3 Innokenti

Innokenti

I am an awesome horse.

• Admin

Posted 19 November 2010 - 10:59 AM

Jakar the Nonchalant Bard

Jakar is an adventurer, a free soul, a wanderer, a rescuer of kittens. He doesn't always do what's right, and he tries not to do what's wrong, but these things really aren't too easy to work out all the time, you know? So for the last few years Jakar has travelled around Generica, singing songs, occasionally, and performing adventuring work for good coin (the coin is usually good, but frequently there is not quite enough of it).

Jakar is also master of diffusing hot situations - with a calm and composed demeanour, he can make lifelong enemies pause and thing about their enmities (sometimes they consider them to be well-founded and proceed to murder each other horribly), he can make fireballs fizzle out and turn into a warm breeze, and he damn well make sure that he gets his soup cold enough not to burn his tongue!

With the troubling economic times and the increase in the frequency and danger-rating of monsters across Generica, Jakar is seriously considering joining or forming an adventuring party. After all, there is strength in numbers... and it's easier to jack up the prices.
Proud of Russia because we have cheaper Paracetamol
"" Jen (and KD) on my photoshop skills.
Look no further for Kentoshop™, KentiHugs™ and Abwebsobmeb!
"I don't know who he is either but whoever it is he looks craaaazy..." - Optimist about me. 

#4 Carlisle Dave

Carlisle Dave

Doctor at Law

• Admin

Posted 19 November 2010 - 03:30 PM

Hallux Valgus

Halux was always an easy chap to like. Charismatic and intelligent he was always the first to help out a damsel in distress, a maiden in the mire or a floozy in a fix. If there were doings that needed doing he was your man and he enjoyed quite the reputation up and down the land. So when the stories started appearing everyone gave him a bit of leeway, accepted that it was part of his character and hey, if the slayer of the Earless Ogres (that feasted exclusively on children) wanted to act in that way then hadn't he earned the right to do so?

Yet society and the general public can only take so much. You can only hear the town crier crying "Hear all about it!" so many times before your attitude starts to change and when the public won't stand for something, nor will the law and so action had to be taken. Branded a recidivist, a kleptomaniac, a pervert, a defiler of dead bodies, he was arrested having walked into a strangers house and started rummaging through their drawers and chest in search of gold or quaffable bottles of stuff, as he had done so many times before without recourse. A show trial brought numerous people out of the woodwork who described the exact same thing and everyone was reviled when they heard stories of him stealing clothes from dead people to sell at a profit or how he skinned dead animals. Never had a star fallen so low.

However in view of his previous good deeds he avoided a custodial sentence. Instead he was sentenced to community service, working for the local Guild under supervision from an officer of the court who would ensure that he didn't just wander in and out of people's bedrooms or steal the rings off the cold dead fingers of his enemies.

#5 Lu-Tze

Lu-Tze

Amazing Dave

• Members

Posted 19 November 2010 - 04:19 PM

Pope Louis the Sane
Louis isn't really the Pope but, in his own words "Every man is leader of his own beliefs" and so chooses to refer to himself as such. As for "the Sane", that's just to remind people that he's not mad. As far as his beliefs, well, they are never really clearly explained, except that they conveniently seem to allow him to pretty much do what he wants. Most noticeably, he chooses to spend life completely naked, with his knee length beard providing all his dignity and protection for his old and withered body against the elements, as well as, seemingly, serving as his pockets.

Louis might persuade you to donate all your money to him, steal it all from you whilst you sleep, or charitably give all his money to you. Or he might do all of the above. And then burn it all. Most likely whilst imparting some half-baked philosophy before capering off into the distance whooping and waving his staff around.
Il Porcupino Nil Sodomy Est

#6 TSP

TSP

"The Don"

• Members

Posted 20 November 2010 - 11:02 PM

Burold the Short

Burold Blackbeard is many things. Friend. Innkeeper. Seller of goods. Reputable member of the merchant community. But he is not - and I cannot emphasise this enough but I'll have a go - NOT a dwarf. Yes, he might be less than five feet in stature, he might sport a massive bushy beard and his favourite weapon for breaking up barfights might be an axe, but he's no dwarf. Burold maintains that he is merely shorter than average and most people agree. At least to his face.

Recently Burold has fallen on hard times. His inn Burold's, where you know everybody's name (mostly because the faces and names of the denizens adorn wanted posters across the city), is being subjected to regular raids by the Guards which are keeping away both the clientele and Burold's partners in illicit business deals. The latest indignity has come with his cellar being invaded by a pack of giant rats. As our story begins, Burold is seeking to hire a group of young adventurers to clear out the creatures ...

#7 Strudel the Dancing Pastry

Strudel the Dancing Pastry

There's no I in TEAM

• Members

Posted 21 November 2010 - 12:32 PM

Samuel H Greaves

Sammy is a decent enough chap all said and told, but he yearns to hit the big time. He's been in plenty of Fellowships, Guilds, Parties, Packs, Cohorts, and various other collections of adventurers, but he always finds himself left in the dark. He's rarely included in the big plans of how they're going to retake the castle and save the Duchess (saving princesses is a bit Second Age after all; there aren't that many left who need saving) and for some reason he's always given a red shirt to wear, which he really doesn't think is his colour.

Whilst he enjoys the adventuring life, he finds himself growing ever more frustrated that no one really listens to him and that he's always kept on the sidelines. Sooner or later the scales have to tip one way or the other. Either a fearless leader will see Sammy for the budding adventurer he is, or his animosity will send him on a descending spiral into the void where he might get a bit stroppy and maybe a bit emo and if the right evil mastermind comes along Sammy might just be persuaded to show all these important people just how awesome Sammy is; by cutting off their heads.
Spins and turns, angles and curves. The shape of dreams, half remembered. Slip the surly bonds of earth and touch the face of perfection - a perfect face, perfect lace.
Jentastic: THAT'S RIGHT, I like double entry
<@Strudel> How big's your dongle Kramer?
only about 2 inches :(

#8 Elihu

Elihu

Boat press liaison

• Admin

Posted 22 November 2010 - 03:22 PM

Ike Hammamörgen

"Now 0 23 days without a murderous killing spree!"

The name of Ike Hammamörgen is famous across the world for two reasons. One is his range of affordable flat-pack furniture. The other is his uncontrollable homicidal beserker rampages which leave whole cities as burnt-out shells, strewn with carnage and ruin.

Motto: "Umlaut umlaut umlaut! Umlaut umlaut umlaut umlaut! Umlaut umlaut! Umlaut umlaut umlaut! Umlaut Umlaut Umlaut!" ("Come for the furniture! Stay for the free food! Then run! Run to the hills! Run for your lives!")

#9 Inflammable Jim

Inflammable Jim

Overlooked by the Academy

• Admin

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:03 PM

Nebb

Guild accountant, weak, resourceful and a worrier. I'll post more when I can think better ¬_¬
You know...we lost the first battle of the Chesapeake because of a mysterious...treacherous...Ankylosaurus

#10 Schtroumpf

Schtroumpf

Swashbuckling Boat Mage

• Admin

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:11 AM

Halifax The Fearsome Orc-Mouse Of Blusterbeard

Halifax inherited his perfect Orc physique from his father, the famous Orc warrior Bragor: The Slayer Of 1000 Armies.  He is the perfect specimen of a muscular killing machine; lean, quick and deadly.  Unfortunately he inherited his stature from his mother, Pennelope The Amazing Talking Mouse.  As such he stands only 5 inches tall.

"The temperature inside this apple pie is over 1000 degrees. If I squeeze it, a jet of molten bramley apple will squirt out. Could go your way; could go mine. Either way, one of us is going down."

#11 Masked Dave

Masked Dave

Ultimate Lu-Tze

• Admin

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:33 AM

Now that's a sex scene I didn't expect to ever imagine.
"It's amazing how deep we had to drill to find our key difference,
but it seems that whilst I am Amazing you are Ultimate."- Lu

#12 Lu-Tze

Lu-Tze

Amazing Dave

• Members

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:52 AM

HSOWA
Il Porcupino Nil Sodomy Est

#13 Josh

Josh

Evil bird

• Admin

Posted 10 December 2010 - 02:19 PM

Grogknar the Barbarian Nerd

Grogknar is six-foot-two of rippling man-meat. He has more muscles than Brussels, a chin that you could break rocks on and an all-monosyllabic vocabulary. He has a PhD in molecular physics and is scared of blood. He has a two-foot long axe but makes more jokes about splitting atoms than about splitting heads.

The only martial art he's any good at is tai chi.
George Alagiaaaaaaargh: I lost my pecker in the siege :(