BANG!, round two.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
44 replies to this topic

#1 Hentzau

Hentzau

Bringer of Nuclear Fire

• Members

Posted 17 May 2009 - 10:39 PM

A very eventful first day. CAD, Feet and Kramer all lost health, but Kramer has a nice card stockpile and CAD and Feet now have their Barrels offering them some small protection against their violent rivals.

This is the situation as it stands now.

Posted Image

I'll send a PM in a minute detailing what you now have in your hand and what you've drawn for this round.

#2 Inflammable Jim

Inflammable Jim

Overlooked by the Academy

• Admin

Posted 17 May 2009 - 11:06 PM

Rough rider, no, you don't want nada

*wields autoshotgun*
You know...we lost the first battle of the Chesapeake because of a mysterious...treacherous...Ankylosaurus

#3 Hentzau

Hentzau

Bringer of Nuclear Fire

• Members

Posted 17 May 2009 - 11:14 PM

Jentastic! draws two cards.
CAD draws two cards.
Janek draws two cards.
Inflammable Jim draws two cards.
Kramer draws two cards.
Josh draws two cards, plus another two for the Stagecoach he played last round.
Feet draws two cards, the second of which is a Cat Balou with a Diamond on it, allowing him to draw a third.

Orders by... oh, say midnight tomorrow, although you'll probably have leeway until Tuesday morning. Reminder for those of you that took damage last round: your hand limit is the same as the number of life points you have, and you must discard/play cards until you get down to that limit. For Kramer and Feet this is 3 cards, and for CAD it is 2.

#4 Inflammable Jim

Inflammable Jim

• Admin

Posted 17 May 2009 - 11:28 PM

It strikes me that CAD is certainly close to death and low on cards here, so I would ask people to be fairly careful about shooting him
You know...we lost the first battle of the Chesapeake because of a mysterious...treacherous...Ankylosaurus

#5 Janek

Janek

That's "Captain" to you

• Members

Posted 18 May 2009 - 05:38 AM

Whereas Jim has lots of health, can shoot as many times as he likes, and is within range of everyone.

A DANGER TO US ALL.
Ah! Harvard University! The special jail where people with too much math are imprisoned forever and forced to teach each other about poems.

Sandwiches are better than people. You can put anything you want in a sandwich, and it won't complain.

You spin me right round, baby, right round, in a manner depriving me of an inertial reference frame. Baby.

#6 Feet

Feet

Hugo! Isaac! yay!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:43 AM

Right well, it seems clear to me that Josh and Jim should be heavily suspected and not trusted. They used cards that could hit everybody on the first round, which means they could try and take some life points off the sherriff indirectly without raising suspitions or directly trying to shoot at her. Sneaky outlaw tactics if ever I saw them and, sir, I will not allow it to stand!

Josh, I GUNNING YOU DOWN HOMBRE!

Jim, when I have you in range I GUNNING YOU DOWN HOMBRE!
I still love you

#7 Hentzau

Hentzau

Bringer of Nuclear Fire

• Members

Posted 18 May 2009 - 10:55 AM

More posts like this _

#8 Inflammable Jim

Inflammable Jim

• Admin

Posted 18 May 2009 - 11:10 AM

If I listen closely I can hear feverish hammering, smoothing and dusting as you try to furiously fashion an excuse to shoot me out of any available materials. Especially Janek complaining of someone having a lot of health. Sir you are so tanked up with beer that not even the Lord God himself could claim you right now.

'sides, the area effect ones are by definition going to do more damage to people that are not the sheriff than who are.

#9 Feet

Feet

Hugo! Isaac! yay!

• Members

Posted 18 May 2009 - 11:31 AM

You have a point regarding the pro's of the area-of-effect cards and the damage dealt, and the only player who gets punished for killing their own team appears to be the Sheriff, so I guess so long as the Deputy knows it isn't going to kill the sheriff it's a viable card for play. I suppose.

However, for me a Deputies highest priority is to keep the Sheriff alive. Therefore I would expect a Deputy to just discard any powerful area-of-effect cards they have in hand in the first few rounds, rather than play them straight away in the first round. Only the Outlaw or Renegade would play cards that indiscriminately damage everyone at this stage, there's little or no advantage for a Deputy to do so until he knows exactly how that damage will affect his allies, and we simply don't have enough evidence for roles yet. Deputies will be cautious early on, getting more aggresive once they believe they have an Outlaw in their sights. Outlaws\Renegades will be aggressive from the off. Area of effect cards are aggressive, and you guys played em early.

That's my rationale I've talked myself into anyway!
I still love you

#10 Inflammable Jim

Inflammable Jim

• Admin

Posted 18 May 2009 - 11:34 AM

On the contrary, a deputy knows that he is an enforcer of law, and who the sheriff is, so is in fact best placed to play aggressively at the start. Amongst all the other players, only one is a further deputy so he can afford to take the risk of doing additional damage early on. Outlaws and renegades may be evil but they are not, I assume, stupid enough to signpost themselves at this early a juncture, nor to use this card when it has no chance of killing someone.

Also that is an awesome card >_>

#11 Feet

Feet

Hugo! Isaac! yay!

• Members

Posted 18 May 2009 - 11:41 AM

Uh, that raises a question actually.

One Sheriff
I assume there's only one Renegade in play as well, though now I think of it I'm not totally sure why they would be....

Anyway, assuming one Renegade, thatleaves 5 players left, can we know the ratio of deputies to outlaws? Cause there must be three of one of 'em.
I still love you

#12 Inflammable Jim

Inflammable Jim

• Admin

Posted 18 May 2009 - 11:43 AM

2 deputies, 3 outlaws, 1 renegade, 1 sheriff

#13 Feet

Feet

Hugo! Isaac! yay!

• Members

Posted 18 May 2009 - 11:44 AM

Ah okay. Must have missed that info.
I still love you

#14 Hentzau

Hentzau

Bringer of Nuclear Fire

• Members

Posted 18 May 2009 - 11:54 AM

Yeah I sort of left people to figure it out from their role PMs, which you can do, but didn't state it clearly. Sorry.

#15 Josh

Josh

Evil bird

• Admin

Posted 18 May 2009 - 12:13 PM

Feet seems to be searching desperately for reasons to shoot innocent bystanders, like Jim, and upstanding deputies, like me. Feet: you are a Cad, and No Gentleman. Expect a good banging from me this very evening.
George Alagiaaaaaaargh: I lost my pecker in the siege :(

#16 Feet

Feet

Hugo! Isaac! yay!

• Members

Posted 18 May 2009 - 12:45 PM

Sir, I shall accept your banging, and further more I shall bend over backwards to accept it with pride as a sign that I am onto the most dangerous Outlaw! Furthermore I would sleep lightly if I were you, or you may well get a proper banging yourself! IN THE FACE!
I still love you

#17 Josh

Josh

Evil bird

• Admin

Posted 18 May 2009 - 12:45 PM

View PostFeet, on May 18 2009, 01:45 PM, said:

I am the most dangerous Outlaw!
A CONFESSION
George Alagiaaaaaaargh: I lost my pecker in the siege :(

#18 Clearasday

Clearasday

Bake 'em away toys.

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2009 - 12:55 PM

The person attacking me is the person I actually want to defend, so I would say I'm in a tricky situation.

Jim is just too deadly at the moment, with his unlimited shots + high range, something I'd only trust to the sheriff.

Also Jim, why would you want to caution people from attacking me, particularly when those people are in fact the sheriff? Afraid? Do you mistakenly believe I'm on your side, EVIL ONE? or are you attempting to look good, or attempting to provoke people into attacking me more by telling them not to?
I would have thought most people would benefit from having one person down, even if it is unlucky for me, so what are you that you would advise caution when shooting me?
"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head."

#19 Inflammable Jim

Inflammable Jim

• Admin

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:08 PM

I'll shoot you if you really want me to but as of now I reckon you were chosen pretty arbitrarily. So do say if you want me to shoot you.

#20 Clearasday

Clearasday

Bake 'em away toys.

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:20 PM

Meh, nothing will get through my barrel!
"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head."

#21 Hentzau

Hentzau

Bringer of Nuclear Fire

• Members

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:24 PM

Fiddled with the Dynamite rules slightly.

Dynamite

The Doomsday Device of Bang!. When the dynamite is played, it is dropped at the feet of the player who played it and remains dormant for a turn. The next turn, the player has the option of posting "DRAW" in the thread, in which case a card will be immediately drawn from the deck; if the card is not a 2-9 of Spades the dynamite is then passed on to the player on their left. That player may then also post "DRAW" with a similar effect. At the end of the round, the player currently in possession of the dynamite will automatically draw, and if successful the dynamite will be passed on as normal. The sequence then begins again the next day. Players cannot DRAW more than once per turn.

If a player has a Cat Balou, they may play that by posting "DEFUSE" rather than "DRAW". Otherwise the dynamite continues going round until somebody draws a 2-9 of Spades, at which point the dynamite explodes inflicting three life points of damage on the player who was holding it.
Hopefully that should at least preserve some of the tension while ensuring it goes around at a fair pace.

#22 Kramer

Kramer

Chalk

• Members

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:59 PM

I reckon either Josh or Jim tried to bang me last night.

:o Matron!

#23 Janek

Janek

That's "Captain" to you

• Members

Posted 18 May 2009 - 04:40 PM

Thinking about it, the solution to Jim's immense power is clear, actually: Feet, you just got a Cat Balou, yes? Discard Jim's weapon.

Thus conveniently putting me (and everyone else! Except Kramer) back out of range _
Ah! Harvard University! The special jail where people with too much math are imprisoned forever and forced to teach each other about poems.

Sandwiches are better than people. You can put anything you want in a sandwich, and it won't complain.

You spin me right round, baby, right round, in a manner depriving me of an inertial reference frame. Baby.

#24 Clearasday

Clearasday

Bake 'em away toys.

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2009 - 04:43 PM

That sounds like a solution that involves the least blood spilt...
..how terrible.

#25 Kramer

Kramer

Chalk

• Members

Posted 18 May 2009 - 04:54 PM

Can everyone who can bang Jim tonight please?

I remain uncomfortable using the word "bang" like this. What a carry on.