BANG!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#26 Josh

Josh

Evil bird

• Admin

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:05 AM

Well it can be either. The levels of subterfuge are far less meaningful than those present in a TWG, for example. So if you're an outlaw, your primary motivations are: a) kill the sheriff, b) kill the vice-sheriff, as a unified sheriff / vice block is hard to beat, and c) keep people unsure as to whether or not you are an outlaw, because if it becomes clear that you are then everyone else will turn on you as per their own personal point c.

So, the fact that you shot me when I am blatantly the Deputy means that you must be an outlaw, which means that I suggest that everyone prove their loyalty to the Sheriff by shooting at Feet this round. Have at you, you cad!
George Alagiaaaaaaargh: I lost my pecker in the siege :(

#27 Janek

Janek

That's "Captain" to you

• Members

Posted 23 May 2009 - 10:35 AM

Question: D'you reckon a modified range mechanic would work with more-or-less vanilla TWG?

Apply it to all ingame actions (lynch vote, wolfkill, protect, vigi-kill etc), with say a range of two. As I see it, it'd have the following effects, which I guess can be both beneficial and detrimental to the game:

- It would constrain the votes somewhat and lead to a lot of vote-splitting early on.
- It means the Vigi has to be very careful about revealing himself (not guaranteed to be within GA range, particularly in early game)
- It does counteract these nerfs to the human side by limiting wolf options slightly, and hence giving another thing to deduce wolves from (mostly in the mid-game)

My one concern would that it'd be quite a collapse when you get to only a couple of wolves left - limited kill options means it's only a matter of time before they're discovered.
Ah! Harvard University! The special jail where people with too much math are imprisoned forever and forced to teach each other about poems.

Sandwiches are better than people. You can put anything you want in a sandwich, and it won't complain.

You spin me right round, baby, right round, in a manner depriving me of an inertial reference frame. Baby.