More Star Wars, Less Star Trek

• Please log in to reply
276 replies to this topic

#276 Schtroumpf

Swashbuckling Boat Mage

• Admin

Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:45 PM

I wasn't all that interested in it either and the trailer has done nothing to help that.

"The temperature inside this apple pie is over 1000 degrees. If I squeeze it, a jet of molten bramley apple will squirt out. Could go your way; could go mine. Either way, one of us is going down."

#277 Jen

Miles Edgeworth: 2 Kool 4 Skool

• Members

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:59 PM

I was never really interested in it and the trailer is really boring. Literally the best bits were seeing Donald Glover's excellent fashion as Lando. The amount of money I would pay to see a Lando led Heist movie, in a similar vein to the Marvel limited series from a couple of years back, instead of a young Solo movie that nobody asked for is off the scale.

I'm also not here for another series of films being developed by the GOT guys who have no film experience and are terrible writers. Kathleen Kennedy must really hate non-male/non-white people because there's SO MANY directors who fall into those categories who have talked about how much they want to make a Star Wars movie. Someone referenced her quote from a couple years back about how she'd love to hire a woman director but there isn't one with enough experience as "these are big films" and she's literally just hired two guys who have no experience all (and at the time had hired Colin Trevorrow who had made two films, one of which only succeeded because it had dinosaurs in it). Literally nobody can tell her what to do - she is 100% in control of the Star Wars franchise - and she just taps the most boring people for it.

/rant over
I lost some time once...it's always in the last place you look for it. Violent Becoming Downtown, Olympus Town