• Please log in to reply
373 replies to this topic

#351 Schtroumpf

Schtroumpf

Swashbuckling Boat Mage

• Admin

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:19 AM

Lions squad announced.

As predicted, Scotlands utter destruction at Twickenham crossed probably 6 or 8 names off the list.  Would really have liked to have seen Richie Gray (Jonny too) and Finn Russell there.

"The temperature inside this apple pie is over 1000 degrees. If I squeeze it, a jet of molten bramley apple will squirt out. Could go your way; could go mine. Either way, one of us is going down."

#352 Schtroumpf

Schtroumpf

Swashbuckling Boat Mage

• Admin

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:01 PM

LIONS.jpg

"The temperature inside this apple pie is over 1000 degrees. If I squeeze it, a jet of molten bramley apple will squirt out. Could go your way; could go mine. Either way, one of us is going down."

#353 Janek

Janek

That's "Captain" to you

• Members

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:31 PM

I'd definitely have Russell over one of Te'o or Farrell. Maaaaybe Tim Visser instead of George North. If they'd been fit I'd say Greig Laidlaw and WP Nell would be in too.

Tricky for the Gray brothers because there is such strength in depth at second row - hell, just England have got four who could walk into any team. Personally I'd have gone with Launchbury over Kruis.

Elsewhere, pretty surprised Jamie George got in, but realistically he's third choice anyway.
Ah! Harvard University! The special jail where people with too much math are imprisoned forever and forced to teach each other about poems.

Sandwiches are better than people. You can put anything you want in a sandwich, and it won't complain.

You spin me right round, baby, right round, in a manner depriving me of an inertial reference frame. Baby.

#354 Janek

Janek

That's "Captain" to you

• Members

Posted 10 May 2017 - 09:06 AM

Oof, tough world cup group for England - France / Argentina / USA or Canada / probably Samoa. Should get through based on recent performances, but it'll be testing.

Scotland have got to fancy chances at winning their group. Ireland still aren't quite their old selves, and even at home I'd be surprised if Japan can repeat their heroics.
Ah! Harvard University! The special jail where people with too much math are imprisoned forever and forced to teach each other about poems.

Sandwiches are better than people. You can put anything you want in a sandwich, and it won't complain.

You spin me right round, baby, right round, in a manner depriving me of an inertial reference frame. Baby.

#355 Schtroumpf

Schtroumpf

Swashbuckling Boat Mage

• Admin

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:41 AM

I think both Scotland and Ireland will be happy they drew each other looking at the other potential options.

#356 Jen

Jen

Miles Edgeworth: 2 Kool 4 Skool

• Members

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:50 PM

It's a nice group for Ireland, the inclusion of Japan should make their group a big one for the local media.

The ABs have been routinely crushing South Africa of late so as long as that form continues until 2019 they should practically sail out of that group.
---------------------------------------------------------
I lost some time once...it's always in the last place you look for it. Violent Becoming Downtown, Olympus Town

#357 Schtroumpf

Schtroumpf

Swashbuckling Boat Mage

• Admin

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:00 PM

I'm starting to suspect the Lions are going to be utterly destroyed in all three tests against the All Blacks.

#358 Jen

Jen

• Members

Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:14 PM

Hahaha they lost to the Blues who are by far the worst of NZ Super Rugby teams.
I lost some time once...it's always in the last place you look for it. Violent Becoming Downtown, Olympus Town

#359 Scuzz

Scuzz

Least Geeky Talesian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:54 AM

Worries me that I can't even tell you who some of the Autumn Scotland squad are.
"I've been disappointed with the boobs so far this season." - Masked Dave

#360 Schtroumpf

Schtroumpf

Swashbuckling Boat Mage

• Admin

Posted 01 February 2018 - 11:12 AM

This is going to be Scotland's year in the 6 Nations.  I'm sure of it.  If they're able to play at the tempo they want then they're going to be a real handful for any of the other teams.  Handy having England at home.

#361 Janek

Janek

That's "Captain" to you

• Members

Posted 01 February 2018 - 11:33 PM

Unfortunately I put money on them, therefore they are doomed.

#362 Schtroumpf

Schtroumpf

Swashbuckling Boat Mage

• Admin

Posted 02 February 2018 - 09:07 AM

I predict Hogg gets injured within the first 30 minutes.

#363 Scuzz

Scuzz

Least Geeky Talesian

• Members

Posted 02 February 2018 - 09:20 AM

That might allow the young King Blairhorn to ascend!

I'm full of nervous energy for this tournament, if we get the win tomorrow I'll go into full hype mode.

#364 Schtroumpf

Schtroumpf

Swashbuckling Boat Mage

• Admin

Posted 02 February 2018 - 11:36 AM

We can beat France at home, we can beat Italy away and winning in Wales isn't impossible.  Big question marks over the other games.  Definitely have a chance of getting something from the England game, but really not sure about Ireland away.

#365 Scuzz

Scuzz

Least Geeky Talesian

• Members

Posted 02 February 2018 - 02:49 PM

Winning in Cardiff is doable, we just haven't for 16 years when Gregor Townsend was actually lining up at 10.

#366 Jen

Jen

• Members

Posted 03 February 2018 - 02:34 PM

Oh dear.

#367 Janek

Janek

That's "Captain" to you

• Members

Posted 03 February 2018 - 03:47 PM

Sorry Scotland fans. This is my fault.

#368 Janek

Janek

That's "Captain" to you

• Members

Posted 03 February 2018 - 06:40 PM

Meanwhile, France have two head injury assessments for very clear knee injuries. Hrrrm.

Dave, as our resident doctor, is it common to get concussion in the knees?

#369 Masked Dave

Masked Dave

Ultimate Lu-Tze

• Admin

Posted 04 February 2018 - 10:47 AM

What an ending to the Ireland game! Shame about the preceding 70 minutes.
"It's amazing how deep we had to drill to find our key difference,
but it seems that whilst I am Amazing you are Ultimate."- Lu

#370 Innokenti

Innokenti

I am an awesome horse.

• Admin

Posted 04 February 2018 - 08:42 PM

Yeah, not great play from Ireland and France, but eventually France worked themselves up a bit and we got a fantastic last few minutes. Quite a watch!
Proud of Russia because we have cheaper Paracetamol
"" Jen (and KD) on my photoshop skills.
Look no further for Kentoshop™, KentiHugs™ and Abwebsobmeb!
"I don't know who he is either but whoever it is he looks craaaazy..." - Optimist about me. 

#371 Schtroumpf

Schtroumpf

Swashbuckling Boat Mage

• Admin

Posted 04 February 2018 - 09:41 PM

27625079_10156209209313559_9047407401926015778_o.jpg

#372 Scuzz

Scuzz

Least Geeky Talesian

• Members

Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:16 AM

I'm now going on Sunday :huh:

Posted Image

#373 Schtroumpf

Schtroumpf

Swashbuckling Boat Mage

• Admin

Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:23 PM

Posted Image

#374 Schtroumpf

Schtroumpf

Swashbuckling Boat Mage

• Admin

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:16 PM

The rollercoaster continues!