Episode 2 : A brief brief

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
127 replies to this topic

#1 Friend Computer

Friend Computer

Flunky

• The House
  • Pip

Posted 04 October 2011 - 09:55 PM

The briefing is held in a small, dark room with no apparent furnishings. As the doors swing shut with a hefty thud behind you, a group of hot lights blink on, focusing on their faces. No matter how you try, you cannot shield yourselves from the lights' glare. Suddenly, a voice booms out:

Are you Troubleshooter team Lima-Oscar-Five-ERS?

The sound reverberates in your heads. Your throats feel dry and cracked as you try to answer...

#2 Josh

Josh

Evil bird

• Admin

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:03 PM

Yes.
George Alagiaaaaaaargh: I lost my pecker in the siege :(

#3 Friend Computer

Friend Computer

Flunky

• The House
  • Pip

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:11 PM

And who exactly told you your team designation? That is Yellow clearance level information only! No matter of it, i'm sure you are ready to be briefed on your mission. First of all, who is your Team Leader?

#4 Kramer

Kramer

Chalk

• Members

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:25 PM

"Why, that's me sir, I'ma Orange level kinda guy and these dog gawn scrubs is red, ya see"

#5 Schtroumpf

Schtroumpf

Swashbuckling Boat Mage

• Admin

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:15 AM

Oljimj-O-NES is indeed orange which means that Friend Computer has selected him as better than us so logic dictates that he must be our leader.  His defective, traitorous clone has been destroyed and this one must be perfect as it was created by friend computer.  Not that the last one wasn't perfect either as it too was created by friend computer.

"The temperature inside this apple pie is over 1000 degrees. If I squeeze it, a jet of molten bramley apple will squirt out. Could go your way; could go mine. Either way, one of us is going down."

#6 Kramer

Kramer

Chalk

• Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:41 AM

Incidentally, how did mark 2 die? I've read and re-read it and can't work that out.

#7 Schtroumpf

Schtroumpf

Swashbuckling Boat Mage

• Admin

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:43 AM

I can only assume that either as you didn't post anything about heading for this room you were left behind and the mob got you by default or you lost some dice rolls.

Friend Computer said:

Clone Vat ickor is still fresh on their faces after their previous incarnations no doubt were pummelled mercilessly by the mob somewhere back in the room.

"The temperature inside this apple pie is over 1000 degrees. If I squeeze it, a jet of molten bramley apple will squirt out. Could go your way; could go mine. Either way, one of us is going down."

#8 Masked Dave

Masked Dave

Ultimate Lu-Tze

• Admin

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:23 AM

I believe my colleagues are correct, Friend Computer. As the currently highest ranking member of this Troubleshooting Team of LO5ers it's only correct that Oljimj-O-NES-3 would be assigned the role as leader, taking on the great gift of responsibility for the entire team's performance and behaviour in the field.

For as I have always said, with great power comes great responsibility.
"It's amazing how deep we had to drill to find our key difference,
but it seems that whilst I am Amazing you are Ultimate."- Lu

#9 Kramer

Kramer

Chalk

• Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:48 AM

"Now that be decided y'all, I wants ta get me a deputy dawg, jus' incase I need to go off brawlin' or shimmyin' 'n' sneakin', or case we needs ta form a sub group for scoutin' 'n' scopin'. What you fellas be thinkin' on this now?"

Posted Image

Oljimj-O-NES-3 looks around the group for a volunteer to come forward

#10 Josh

Josh

Evil bird

• Admin

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:50 AM

I got diss

#11 Innokenti

Innokenti

I am an awesome horse.

• Admin

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:09 AM

I will stand up shouldering and elbowing Hamm-R-TYM aside to come forward. Boldly.
Proud of Russia because we have cheaper Paracetamol
"" Jen (and KD) on my photoshop skills.
Look no further for Kentoshop™, KentiHugs™ and Abwebsobmeb!
"I don't know who he is either but whoever it is he looks craaaazy..." - Optimist about me. 

#12 Schtroumpf

Schtroumpf

Swashbuckling Boat Mage

• Admin

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:16 AM

I think you're over stepping your authority here.  Friend Computer is the only one wise enough to be choosing the correct person for deputy.  As lowly clones we couldn't possible have the required brain power to make the correct decision.

#13 Josh

Josh

Evil bird

• Admin

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:33 AM

"Friend Computer, now that we have some privacy and there is no danger of a panic being caused, I want to raise an issue of concern. I have been passed information - which is, I must admit, of shady provenance - that Ammo-R-OUS-1 is an unregistered mutant. Far from allowing him a position of responsibility within the group, might I suggest that he be detained and subjected to rigorous scientific testing?"

#14 Kramer

Kramer

Chalk

• Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:26 PM

"Hamm-R-TYM, as ya commandin' officer I have a question ta ask a ya"

#15 Josh

Josh

Evil bird

• Admin

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:27 PM

"Ask and I will endeavour to answer."

#16 Kramer

Kramer

Chalk

• Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:33 PM

"Back down there in that there hall with those there crowds, remember that? ..."

#17 Josh

Josh

Evil bird

• Admin

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:34 PM

"I do remember that, yes."

#18 Kramer

Kramer

Chalk

• Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:37 PM

"I seen ya sneakin' there son, sendin' somethin' round, love letters maybe? Or notes ta ya friends like a little girl?

What was you up ta there Red?"

#19 Josh

Josh

Evil bird

• Admin

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:39 PM

"Yes, this is how my source contacted me to tell me about Ammo-R-OUS-1. You will notice that I have raised it with Friend Computer at the first available opportunity. While my judgement may be fallible, with his direction I anticipate that we will be led to the correct path."

#20 Kramer

Kramer

Chalk

• Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:43 PM

"Ya did the right thang Hamm-R-TYM, if Friend Computer be happy, ya'll be ma deputy"

#21 Innokenti

Innokenti

I am an awesome horse.

• Admin

Posted 05 October 2011 - 01:07 PM

"Er... I'm not a mutant. Mutants are horrible and wrong and would not be serving Friend Computer as loyal troubleshooters and traitor-shooters. Since traitors are trouble I guess the first subsumes the latter. So to imply that I am somehow a mutant is to dispute Friend Computer's unquestionable skill at clone-creation and troubleshooter appointment! Do not question Friend Computer!"
"I don't know who he is either but whoever it is he looks craaaazy..." - Optimist about me. 

#22 Masked Dave

Masked Dave

Ultimate Lu-Tze

• Admin

Posted 05 October 2011 - 01:11 PM

Why are you all using air quotes all the time? That sure looks some sort of secret signal, like the kind that might be used by a secret society!
"It's amazing how deep we had to drill to find our key difference,
but it seems that whilst I am Amazing you are Ultimate."- Lu

#23 Kramer

Kramer

Chalk

• Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:05 PM

"Say now, listenee here ya'll! Does anyone have any of those dawg gawn SKILLS that would help to idenify whether that there Red is or ain't one of them those there mutants?"

#24 Innokenti

Innokenti

I am an awesome horse.

• Admin

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:12 PM

The honoured 'Wombat' brand has created this Mutant Detector which should aid us in determining... mutants. I recommend that we use it to scan everyone!

I proffer the Mutant Detector to Oljimj-O-NES

#25 Kramer

Kramer

Chalk

• Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:16 PM

"Why now, I'ma firm believer in usin' those there appropriate skill sets for these here tasks at hand. That bein the case ..."

Oljimj-O-NES orders Manov-R-BRD to use the Mutant Detector on Ammo-R-OUS