Day 2: Nasty emails

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
80 replies to this topic

#1 Kramer

Kramer

Chalk

• Members

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:27 PM

Subject: Your face

Dear my direct line manager,

I think you are basically a cunt who smells of fish who deserves to die via a process of contracting a horrible facial disease and then slowly being suffocated by the boils and pus that cover your nose and mouth.

Best regards,

Sian Massey

Posted Image

Sian Massey has been sacked. Strudel was Sian Massey.

Meanwhile .... Andy Gray and Richard Keys celebrate good times by recreating their highest moments in an obscure corridor.

Posted Image

Deadline: 10pm

#2 Clearasday

Clearasday

Bake 'em away toys.

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:32 PM

A vote on retracted was beta
"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head."

#3 Clearasday

Clearasday

Bake 'em away toys.

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:35 PM

Should have known Xyzia would get a special role. It stands to reason that Kramer in his usual dislike for new people and elitist attitude will have given special roles to talesians and those that amuse him. Yes that's quite a few, but it also does rule out some others. Who else in this game posts on Ivory Towers?
"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head."

#4 Insert Name Here

Insert Name Here

Reassuringly Elephants

• Members

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:58 PM

Sorry about my lack of posting, I shall endeavour to do better today.
the internet was discovered when an internet fell out of a tree and hit lord isaac internet on the head

#5 Mr Trilby

Mr Trilby

Underling

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:03 PM

Oh great.

I'm sticking with The Captain. Purely because he was involved with the XY incident and actually put him his third. Also for the fact XY didn't like where he was going.

But also clearasday. Voting for yourself? Surely there' a rule against that somewhere?
Lu-Tze - "Oh goddamit. The little hand does the hours. Farking hell. "

#6 Mr Trilby

Mr Trilby

Underling

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:10 PM

View PostClearasday, on Feb 28 2011, 10:35 PM, said:

Should have known Xyzia would get a special role. It stands to reason that Kramer in his usual dislike for new people and elitist attitude will have given special roles to talesians and those that amuse him. Yes that's quite a few, but it also does rule out some others. Who else in this game posts on Ivory Towers?

Well you hope he randomly assigned roles. If not...  :angry:

#7 Beta

Beta

Flunky

• Members
  • Pip

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:16 PM

View PostClearasday, on Feb 28 2011, 10:32 PM, said:

A vote on beta

Gosh!

Seems to me like picking on the quiet ones hasn't done us much good so far.

Josh. Still seems suspicious.

#8 Mr Trilby

Mr Trilby

Underling

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:19 PM

Well....to be fair he haven't picked on the quiet ones.  :glare:

#9 Clearasday

Clearasday

Bake 'em away toys.

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:28 PM

View PostMr Trilby, on Feb 28 2011, 11:10 PM, said:

Well you hope he randomly assigned roles. If not...  :angry:
Meh last time xyz asked him for seer and he gave it. Seems he did the same this game.

#10 Kramer

Kramer

Chalk

• Members

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:31 PM

Roles were randomly assigned. In fact seconds after sending out PMs, I got one from XY moaning that he was not a wolf. End of.

#11 The Captain

The Captain

Flunky

• Members
  • Pip

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:52 PM

View PostMr Trilby, on Feb 28 2011, 11:03 PM, said:

I'm sticking with The Captain.
You're "sticking" with a vote you made straight away on Day 1 before I'd even posted? Right.

Purely because he was involved with the XY incident
There was a XYZIA incident now? Is it even possible for me to have been "involved" in him forgetting to retract the first vote he made?

and actually put him his third.
I assume this phrase is meant to mean that I put him on 3 votes. You notice how I did that straight after he did it to me? (Or so it seemed.) It was simple save-my-own-arse maths.

Also for the fact XY didn't like where he was going.
I was going somewhere? Because I've been in all night. Where am I going that XYZIA dislikes so much? Is it Milton Keyes? No-one likes Milton Keyes.

But in seriousness, in the very post where he voted for me XYZIA said it was to save himself (us both being on 2 votes) and okay yes, he decided he wanted to kill me rather than Zael but he never clarified that reasoning at all, for all we know he might has well have flipped a coin. And even if he did think I'd done anything actually suspicious so the fuck what? Just because he turned out to be human doesn't mean he had magic wolf spotting powers! He didn't give any arguement to vote for me and yet you're somehow agreeing with it? That's insane. The only explanation I can see is that it means you want to make a vote and have picked one you think you can make an argument for rather than doing it the other way around (ie actually having a reason and suspicions to make you want to vote for someone).

I call wolf. Mr Trilby.

#12 Clearasday

Clearasday

Bake 'em away toys.

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:04 AM

retracted from Trilby so he doesn't lose all hope, this is sound logic against Trilbys unsound logic.

#13 Mr Trilby

Mr Trilby

Underling

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:21 AM

What would you rather me do Dave, pull another random vote from a day where we saw a band wagon(in which you were the one that put XY on the chopping block) , and random votes flying everywhere? Voting for you because I did on Day one is perfectly sound, people do it all time and i don't see why I should wait around for others to come out of the wood work. But tbh - It was at least nice hearing a decent post for once.

#14 XYZIA

XYZIA

I am the loop.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:37 AM

I'd like to say I planned to either die or remain dangerously close to dieing, as the wolves killing me would have ended in a win for them.

Thus I do not see this a failure on my part to any extent.

#15 Bassoon

Bassoon

@~#*&$%

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:31 AM

Uh.

#16 Josh

Josh

Evil bird

• Admin

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:09 AM

The Captain's response to Trilby makes me uncomfortable.  I only attempt sarcasm on the attack when I want to hide the fact that I have no argument, and ole Cap seems to be cleaving to that. Trilby's vote was awful but the Cap could've pointed that out and moved on; bad logic is not the same as wolf logic, after all. The fact that he threw a vote in after it, and did it in such an aggressive way, suggests that he was trying to roll Trilby over.
George Alagiaaaaaaargh: I lost my pecker in the siege :(

#17 Bassoon

Bassoon

@~#*&$%

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:17 AM

OK just to confirm: the wolves don't have a night kill, so this is Karen Brady at work?

#18 Josh

Josh

Evil bird

• Admin

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:18 AM

Wait, the wolves don't have a night kill?

#19 Bassoon

Bassoon

@~#*&$%

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:19 AM

Well it never said they did in the rules, which I was reading again yesterday to make sure I had a handle on all the roles, so that's my assumption. Sian Massey is "immune to Grey and Keys' skulduggery" according to the rules (slightly paraphrased) so even if the powers they do have were active, they wouldn't work on her.

Or do they have a kill in which case this is just me being silly.

#20 The Captain

The Captain

Flunky

• Members
  • Pip

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:20 AM

View PostBassoon, on Mar 1 2011, 09:17 AM, said:

OK just to confirm: the wolves don't have a night kill, so this is Karen Brady at work?
You might want to read the opening post again.

Sian Massey has been sacked. Strudel was Sian Massey.

#21 Josh

Josh

Evil bird

• Admin

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:23 AM

Captain - you may want to re-read the rules :P The Karen Brady role can sack players.

#22 Bassoon

Bassoon

@~#*&$%

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:24 AM

Yeah I got that, which is why I am confused since... oh ok I've messed up sorry guys. Massey isn't immune to them, but is immune to the offside rule rule.

(I was confused because of thinking she was immune and combining it with this:
On the subject of Karen Brady

ONCE during the game, you may (via PM to GM) get a female employee sacked instantly through the use of Lord Sugar's "You're Fired" line
)
But this looks like they do have a night kill.

- ONCE during the game, after day 3, you may attempt to win Gabby Logan's heart instead of of opting for a sacking - if you guess correctly, you will win the game, but if you guess wrongly, you will be unveiled (i.e. die).

APOLOGIES ALL ROUND

#23 Josh

Josh

Evil bird

• Admin

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:26 AM

Ah, I see. Confusion all round!

Well that's confusingly written, but the game would probably be much shitter if the wolves couldn't night-kill, so for the best.

#24 The Captain

The Captain

Flunky

• Members
  • Pip

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:30 AM

View PostMr Trilby, on Mar 1 2011, 12:21 AM, said:

What would you rather me do Dave
My name is Brian. Please lets not have another game descend into this maddness.

pull another random vote from a day
Let me stop you right there, why are you pulling any random votes from that day at all? Do you actually have a reason?

where we saw a band wagon(in which you were the one that put XY on the chopping block)
I had no reason to vote for XYZIA other than he'd already put my head on the chopping block. I brought us to a tie (or so I thought) to give me a chance at being saved. Exactly the same reason he'd voted for me.

and random votes flying everywhere?
It's Day One, what's your point.

Voting for you because I did on Day one is perfectly sound
It would be if you'd actually had a reason for it rather just voting before I'd even posted. You can't possibly use that as justification.

people do it all time
What? People routinely make joke votes and then stick with them later stating that they have actual reasons for it? I doubt it.

and i don't see why I should wait around for others to come out of the wood work.
What exactly does this sentence mean? Who exactly is coming out of the wood work?

But tbh - It was at least nice hearing a decent post for once.
You're welcome, maybe if you took more care over your own you'd hear more of them.

#25 The Captain

The Captain

Flunky

• Members
  • Pip

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:32 AM

View PostJosh, on Mar 1 2011, 09:26 AM, said:

Ah, I see. Confusion all round!

Well that's confusingly written, but the game would probably be much shitter if the wolves couldn't night-kill, so for the best.
So "sacking" just means "killing" then? And thus both the wolves (men) and Vigiliante (Karen Brady) can kill?