Day 3 - Macaroons

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
50 replies to this topic

#26 Lu-Tze

Lu-Tze

Amazing Dave

• Members

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:40 PM

View PostZael, on Feb 21 2011, 04:39 PM, said:

Double post after seeing Lu's vote.

So now two people have voted for Kramer based on hunches?
I'm not voting based on a hunch.
Il Porcupino Nil Sodomy Est

#27 Lu-Tze

Lu-Tze

Amazing Dave

• Members

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:42 PM

View PostZael, on Feb 21 2011, 04:37 PM, said:

I've seen a ton of games where a wolf has defended a blantantly wolfy action by the reponse of "would I actually do something so obvious as a wolf?"
I felt like the following was set up as one of those cases...

Optimist said:

On reflection, I'm leaning towards FZ being human. He's just too apathetic to be a wolf.

I therefore suggest someone else vote INH, quick.
She was quick off the draw after the kill too. Sadly, with their amazingly congruent cases this morning I just can't help but think that both Kramer and Optimist couldn't both be wolves. That kind of public high-fivery just wouldn't go on between the last two members of a wolf team.

#28 Zael

Zael

Lackey

• Members
  • PipPip

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:59 PM

View PostLu-Tze, on Feb 21 2011, 04:40 PM, said:

I'm not voting based on a hunch.

Ok, that's a pretty big statement on Day Three. I'm popping out for a bit atm so i'll think it over.

#29 Optimist

Optimist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:06 PM

Kramer

Well done, you fooled me for a while, but Xyzia's analysis of the way you've played is just spot-on. I think you would sacrifice FZ to save yourself, you've done it before.

#30 Kramer

Kramer

Chalk

• Members

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:17 PM

I'm really confused as to what the hell is going on here. First of all, I wasn't even in troulbe when I voted for FZ, so I don't understand that argument. Secondly, XY very well done if you're a wolf because you've massively strung me up with that argument: you've said "everything Kramer does is to ensure that he's centre stage ... some men like to watch the world burn"  so immediately you've taken away the classic crutch of the "a wolf wouldn't do that defence". Thing is though, if you look at my wolf game, I'm seldom centre stage, especially in the early going. But you've created a net for me here from which there is little escape if you buy the analysis. Pretty ruthless XY, bravo if this is wolf play. Finally, I am a little in disbelief at Lu's last few posts - not least because I know which role I have - so either he's had enough and wants to make sure that he'll be wolfed tonight or we are witnessing possibly the most audacious wolf ploy seen for many a year here.

The combined collatoral of XY's attack and Lu's claims have left me a lamb to the slaughter here. A possible wolf masterclass for the ages.

#31 Lu-Tze

Lu-Tze

Amazing Dave

• Members

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:21 PM

View PostKramer, on Feb 21 2011, 05:17 PM, said:

Finally, I am a little in disbelief at Lu's last few posts - not least because I know which role I have - so either he's had enough and wants to make sure that he'll be wolfed tonight or we are witnessing possibly the most audacious wolf ploy seen for many a year here.
Oh Kramer. If you were human i'd be lynched tomorrow, but you're a wolf and probably right, i'll get wolfed tonight. But I think it's worth it to pull it down to a lone wolf.

#32 Girdag

Girdag

He who puts the Gir in Dag.

• Members

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:25 PM

So a Kramer vote gets us a wolf today or a wolf tomorrow, then? Sounds good to me.
Janek: Hentzau's cold heart is so unfeeling that the only approximation he has of happiness is underage Japanese hookers.

#33 Insert Name Here

Insert Name Here

Reassuringly Elephants

• Members

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:28 PM

I'll go Kramer too.
the internet was discovered when an internet fell out of a tree and hit lord isaac internet on the head

#34 Kramer

Kramer

Chalk

• Members

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:31 PM

Might as well do the lynching now Josh.

#35 Optimist

Optimist

• Members

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:37 PM

FZ
Kramer
- wolf

Kidz
Strudel
Mr Trilby
-humans

Girdag
INH
Ophelia
Oppy
The Captain
XYZIA
Zael
Lu

By a process of complex algorithims that will remain secret, I deduce that The Captain is the final wolf, and all other players are varieties of human.

Edit- no, wait, forgot something. Erm....

Is it Zael?

#36 Lu-Tze

Lu-Tze

Amazing Dave

• Members

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:50 PM

I don't buy Captain Britain because, unless they are a pseudonym and revealed who they really are to Kramer, I don't think he'd risk a sacrifice play unless he was playing with someone he thought he could rely on.

#37 Optimist

Optimist

• Members

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:58 PM

I know who Captain Britain is and it is someone Kramer could rely on.

I haven't revealed their identity because I promised I wouldn't, but it's possible that this has hampered my ability to see them objectively.

However...Kramer claims he recieved a pm from Captain Britain. Why would he say that if they were working together? Did he know I'd got one too?

#38 Lu-Tze

Lu-Tze

Amazing Dave

• Members

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:15 PM

View PostOptimist, on Feb 21 2011, 05:58 PM, said:

However...Kramer claims he recieved a pm from Captain Britain. Why would he say that if they were working together? Did he know I'd got one too?
That's a weird quandry. On the one hand I wouldn't expect Kramer to mention it if he could just ask him outright via PM as a fellow wolf. Even if it was known that you knew, then i'd expect him to play dumb to it because if Captain Britain is exhibiting limited trust with his identity, it implies that Kramer is within that circle of trust, and would tie them together.

I credit Kramer with enough foresight to realise that implying that he and Captain Britain shared a degree of trust could backfire horribly if either of them were revealed as a wolf.

#39 XYZIA

XYZIA

I am the loop.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:41 PM

Their early clashes seemed somewhat odd and strange though.

#40 Zael

Zael

Lackey

• Members
  • PipPip

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:54 PM

View PostGirdag, on Feb 21 2011, 05:25 PM, said:

So a Kramer vote gets us a wolf today or a wolf tomorrow, then? Sounds good to me.

I was going to make a big long post, but that pretty much sums it up. Kramer

#41 The Captain

The Captain

Flunky

• Members
  • Pip

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:37 PM

So, Kramer then.

By the way, I PM'd Kramer to ask him to stop having a go at me for being a newbie, that I just wanted to play the game and was feeling unfairly picked on. I was trying to take it to a private conversation rather than a public row to appeal to his sense of compassion.

#42 XYZIA

XYZIA

I am the loop.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:38 PM

Seems reasonable.

#43 Kramer

Kramer

Chalk

• Members

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:48 PM

Is there any way any of you would kindly consider not voting for me?

Posted Image

#44 Optimist

Optimist

• Members

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:52 PM

View PostLu-Tze, on Feb 21 2011, 06:15 PM, said:

That's a weird quandry. On the one hand I wouldn't expect Kramer to mention it if he could just ask him outright via PM as a fellow wolf. Even if it was known that you knew, then i'd expect him to play dumb to it because if Captain Britain is exhibiting limited trust with his identity, it implies that Kramer is within that circle of trust, and would tie them together.

I credit Kramer with enough foresight to realise that implying that he and Captain Britain shared a degree of trust could backfire horribly if either of them were revealed as a wolf.

You're probably right.

Idk if Zael really makes sense either, he's been a consistantly useful player. I might go back to my old chewtoy Girdag as being the last wolf. I think he would try to save FZ in the extravagantly reckless way he did, knowing at the time that he could get away later be saying 'no wolf would do that, it's too reckless'.

Apart from that he's been all over the place...

Edit: Kramer, I'll join you in a vote for whoever the last wolf is, if you'll be so kind.

#45 Kramer

Kramer

Chalk

• Members

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:00 PM

But Oppy, I'm not a wolf.  :(

Posted Image

#46 Optimist

Optimist

• Members

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:08 PM

I should have taken you to task for posts like these:

View PostKramer, on Feb 18 2011, 04:13 PM, said:

The person who stands out a mile for me right now is retracted, Girdag. Analysis to follow.

View PostKramer, on Feb 18 2011, 08:58 PM, said:

3 minutes. I will be making complex ethical arguments against those who do not vote for either Kidz or Strudel at this point. It's a binary choice and a moral imperative to vote. Abstaining is the choice of wolves.

with no follow up.

I should have jumped on you for suggesting we lynch the inactives.

"No, no, that's just Kramer, you always suspect him!" I told myself.

Well I've got two words for you, buddy: mint sauce.

#47 Kramer

Kramer

Chalk

• Members

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:14 PM

Posted Image

#48 Optimist

Optimist

• Members

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:25 PM

Posted Image

#49 Ophelia

Ophelia

Flunky

• Members
  • Pip

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:26 PM

Until he started posting pictures of sheep as the worst defence ever we didn't believe Kramer to be wolven and frankly we still believe so. Kids being wolfed after fingering INH was somewhat odd but probably just a random wolf killing as ever. We suspect Zael and XYZIA to be human but this is purely as a hunch and not from anything concrete. We suppose this is the most useless post ever. Oh well.

#50 Josh

Josh

Evil bird

• Admin

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:35 PM

Kramer laced his macaroons with peanuts, despite knowing that Mrs Buxton had a peanut allergy! The cad. Must've been a wolf.

Night orders to me with the half-hour, bitte.
George Alagiaaaaaaargh: I lost my pecker in the siege :(