Drabble it!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#26 Strudel the Dancing Pastry

Strudel the Dancing Pastry

There's no I in TEAM

• Members

Posted 23 May 2005 - 01:46 PM

A Prophecy
By Strudel

A chaotic mire of letters and symbols allegedly containing some form of cohesive reasoning sat before him. 2 hour 30 minutes, 50 marks, five questions. The nice, easy opening question was, true to form, near impossible but after half hour spent agonising over it, he was sure the symbol was supposed to be zeta, not xi. A generous marker might give him 8 marks for it. A very generous marker. His marks per question decreased in a geometric sequence, until his only mark on the final question was if his definition of a semi-simple Lie Algebra was correct. It wasn’t.
Spins and turns, angles and curves. The shape of dreams, half remembered. Slip the surly bonds of earth and touch the face of perfection - a perfect face, perfect lace.
Jentastic: THAT'S RIGHT, I like double entry
<@Strudel> How big's your dongle Kramer?
only about 2 inches :(

#27 Dystopian Rhetoric

Dystopian Rhetoric

Bumbling Idiot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 May 2005 - 02:51 PM

Dave checked the map again.

“Are you sure this is the right way?” he asked Chris, standing a few feet ahead of him.

“Positive,” came the reply.

Putting away the map, Dave moved along the narrow path that led through the bluffs. He didn’t much like hiking in this weather, but Chris wanted to do it before he went back to university.

The path became increasingly unsteady; one misplaced step caused a section of rock to fall down the cliff-side, carrying Dave with it. Chris immediately realised a hate for the harness tying them together.

No one found the bodies.

#28 Shadow_Wolf

Shadow_Wolf

Aspect of the Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 May 2005 - 03:26 PM

Untitled

Standing and searching for a reason, any reason at all. Realisation of an empty soul.

Eyes closed and a mental strength. Grim determination and a strong desire.

And so he ran. The length ran on. A mile on green grass. A leap of empty faith.

Hanging in a dense expanse. The whole world paused as one. Motionless. A panorama frozen for everlasting vision.

The world drew breath.

Wind rushing through an untamed crop. Tightness in the pit of an empty stomach.

Open arms to a welcoming embrace. A final embrace. A final joy. Eternal release.

The ground rushed in greeting.
IPB Image King of Russia
IPB Image

#29 King Dumpalot

King Dumpalot

Now with a slimmer sig

• Members

Posted 23 May 2005 - 08:08 PM

Damn Seaguls

Alex Baker

Dave looked up. The watery projectile that had just impacted with his shoulder had come from that seagul. That damn bird had been crappping on him ever since he moved here six months ago. It's almost as though it had something against him. Well, today was the final straw. Dave stormed inside and removed his antiques second world war rifle from it's display cabinet. He loaded it with the immense satisfaction that comes with the thought that he'd forever be rid of a problem. He rushed outside, took aim, and...

Missed. He never saw that bird again until he died.
"Never argue with idiots... First they will drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."
Blog - Website

#30 Shrub

Shrub

Minion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 May 2005 - 08:10 PM

I can't think of a name for this

When you stare into the abyss the abyss stares back.

His hand hesitated over the switch, glancing quickly (for it doesn’t pay to look too hard) down the hall he saw the ominous black doorways line the stainless steel corridors, maintaining their watchful vigil.  An almost palpable menace sent shivers down his spine.  He realised his hands were sweating and with a tut of irritation snapped the switch down before sweeping down the hallway as the air lock hissed to shut behind him.

When you stare into the abyss the abyss stares back.

The screams lasted five minutes that time.

#31 Inflammable Jim

Inflammable Jim

Overlooked by the Academy

• Admin

Posted 23 May 2005 - 08:25 PM

DRABBLE!

DRABBLE! The new multi-purpose kitchen device you can't afford to be without! It slices, it dices, it pureés!

DRABBLE! The gladiatorial combat based on Scrabble! Two men enter! One man leaves! Unsuitable for children under 8.

DRABBLE! The Seagull repellant! Get rid of those squawking bags of fish with new-formula DRABBLE spray!

DRABBLE! Part-man, Part machine, Part-ferret! Given powers he didn't ask for and responsibilities he didn't want, DRABBLE is a cheerful family film starring Eddie Murphy and a sack of potatoes! Rated PG.

Buy DRABBLE today, and collect a free DRABBLE - the lovable cuddly toy that's banned in nine states!

DRABBLE!
You know...we lost the first battle of the Chesapeake because of a mysterious...treacherous...Ankylosaurus

#32 Guest_garretsdthief4me_*

Guest_garretsdthief4me_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2005 - 09:19 PM

Fire of the Forge

A golden syrup - hot as Apollo's disc, forewarned of by High Brother Griedous. Liquid of precious ore melted - transmuted to a purging honey. The stuff of crone's tales, myths, classical historians; "Only for the worthy doth the humour quench thirst" - they insisted.

He lifts the grail. An archaic prayer;

"Fire of the Forge, water of the Chalice, consume me if thou decree'st my Lord"

Black skin. Scorched bones - muscle is fuel for blue flame.

"Callow and unworthy" Griedous tuts at the ashes.

Another drank of the cup - another feeds the untiring fire of St. Edgar

#33 Jen

Jen

Miles Edgeworth: 2 Kool 4 Skool

• Members

Posted 24 May 2005 - 12:31 AM

Little something form a universe I'm working on.

The Contact

J.B. Addley

Spartan turned a corner and found himself face to face with Frost.

“Meeting your contact?” she asked coolly.

“Yes,” Spartan replied crisply.

“Don’t bother,” Frost said, “I’ve taken care of things”

She waved a gloved hand lazily through the air and Spartan noticed the dim streetlight glance off red on the black leather.

“He wasn’t a bad guy, you know,” Spartan said.

“Worse than you think,” Frost said, steering him away, “Let’s grab a drink at the Bridges”

“What don’t you want me to see?” Spartan asked, turning.

“Professionals don’t like interference,” Frost murmured as Spartan beheld his ex-contact’s corpse.
---------------------------------------------------------
I lost some time once...it's always in the last place you look for it. Violent Becoming Downtown, Olympus Town

#34 Shadow_Wolf

Shadow_Wolf

Aspect of the Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2005 - 10:54 AM

Hunted

Dan Wolf

He ran across the workfloor in the abandoned military facility. Rusting industrial monarchs from a forgotten pre-war age lumbered over him. Murky puddle-water splashed up on his military boots and combats. His quarry couldn't hide in this place forever. Scanning bots were already on route.

A glimpse of a moving shadow in the stale light told him what he needed to know. The silhouette of his target slipped down a hole in the chamber ahead. An outflow for large chemical leakages.

A man could hide out for weeks in the sewers. The soldier swore and followed him down the hole.
IPB Image King of Russia
IPB Image

#35 Josh

Josh

Evil bird

• Admin

Posted 24 May 2005 - 06:42 PM

This is something that my friend Brendan does very well indeed.
George Alagiaaaaaaargh: I lost my pecker in the siege :(

#36 Schtroumpf

Schtroumpf

Swashbuckling Boat Mage

• Admin

Posted 30 July 2005 - 10:05 PM

Free

I sit with my legs over the side, watching the dolphins play in the bow wave.  All I can hear is the water as I begin to loose myself in the moment.

I can feel the wind in the sails, I can feel the boat move with every wave and gust.  
I feel her slice through the water, and for this brief moment she's alive.  
I imagine living like this, doing this every day.

I smile.

Spray catches my feet and the cold water shocks me back to reality.

I sigh, I want to feel like this all the time.

"The temperature inside this apple pie is over 1000 degrees. If I squeeze it, a jet of molten bramley apple will squirt out. Could go your way; could go mine. Either way, one of us is going down."