University College Hospital

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

#26 Bassoon

Bassoon

@~#*&$%

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2008 - 05:40 PM

As he listened to the newspaper report, it dawned on Sir Topply that this caper might be more dangerous than just the fancies of a madman.  What kind of trouble Merriweather had got himself into he didn't know, nothing seemed clear.  Obviously, it was something bizarre and probably embarrassing, if he hadn't confided to his son or wife.  In fact, the son seemed rather riled up by the news, or at least the fact that he'd be losing an unknown bit of inheritance.  

Suggest to Bertrand that he investigate this himself and that he calm down.

"Meanwhile, I think someone should stay with the patient," said Sir Topply, eyeing the nurses station, "He might say something important.  I'd be more than happy to watch him awhile."

#27 Masked Dave

Masked Dave

Ultimate Lu-Tze

• Admin

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:20 PM

Edwin closed the journal filled with a sense of dread and excitement. Sure he had always talked of the supernatural, but to actually witness it first hand...

"Well I don't know about about the rest of you, but I'm going to go visit the house."
"It's amazing how deep we had to drill to find our key difference,
but it seems that whilst I am Amazing you are Ultimate."- Lu

#28 Kramer

Kramer

Chalk

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:29 PM

Forbes put down the property deed and turned to address the group.

"Gentlemen ... ladies ... assorted persons. I have seen enough here. I intend upon the following course of action: first, I will visit the British Library to learn more of this property in Wingrave and to ascertain why old Merriweather might have bought it. Thence, I shall visit Merriweather's solicitor to go over the finer details of our new found inheritance and garner further information about the house. I suggest that one or two of you fine fellows accompany me". Forbes paused to wait for others to volunteer themselves".

#29 SKW05

SKW05

Steven W

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2008 - 12:40 AM

Richard turns to Forbes

"I agree.  I'll come with you, good sir, if that is agreeable; after all, I have no especial scholarly relatives or any particular study into occult matters.  I really feel we should leave Merriweather with the doctors and his family now (though if Sir Topply wishes to stay, then I'm sure Mrs Merriweather will find him a comfort).

Richard will have a look at the insect in amber on the way out though, just to see if its anything he recognises from Africa/South America

#30 Optimist

Optimist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2008 - 12:03 PM

Malcolm raises an eyebrow at Edwin’s comment.

“You want to go straight to the house? Are you sure that’s wise? We don’t yet know what we’re dealing with, after all. Of course, if you insist on going, I couldn’t possibly let you go alone.”

A shiver runs down his spine at the thought of what they might find. But he means what he says; he couldn’t possibly let Edwin keep all the excitement and danger to himself. There might be more fascinating curios locked away in there and he’ll be dashed if he lets anyone get their hands on such things without letting him have a look first. Besides, he’s one of the youngest and most able-bodied of the group; duty and honour demand that he risk himself before allowing old men and young ladies into harm’s way.

“Why don’t you come along to the Museum? We can go from there to the house and we’ll know a little more about this grisly business by then.”

“There’s room in my Bentley for four” he adds, looking at Ben, “Why don’t you come along too?”

Regardless of their answers, Malcolm has had enough of waiting around, so he takes his leave of the rest of the group, pausing to offer a few words of comfort to Mrs Merriweather and give his assurance to her that he, at least, will do everything he can to fulfil her husband’s wishes.

Then he heads off down the corridor, alone or accompanied by anyone who happens to follow him.

If Edwin insists on going to the house, Malcolm follows.

If Edwin agrees to comes to the Museum, or says he’s going somewhere non-house realated, Malcolm heads to the Museum.

Either way, he’s gone, gone, gone.

#31 Schtroumpf

Schtroumpf

Swashbuckling Boat Mage

• Admin

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:55 PM

Jock approaches Richard and Forbes from across the room.

"If we are all travelling to the British Library I say it would make sense to journey as a group.  Assuming of course that the other young gentleman - I'm sorry I didn't catch your name.  Ben, was it? - is still willing"

If Richard, Forbes and Ben all still wish to go to the library then Jock goes with them.

"The temperature inside this apple pie is over 1000 degrees. If I squeeze it, a jet of molten bramley apple will squirt out. Could go your way; could go mine. Either way, one of us is going down."

#32 Kramer

Kramer

Chalk

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:59 PM

Forbes, Richard, Jock, and whoever chooses to go with them leave for the British Library

#33 Inflammable Jim

Inflammable Jim

Overlooked by the Academy

• Admin

Posted 19 May 2008 - 02:21 PM

Harold was delighted at the gripping backstory that had been revealed. When this was over he could make it into a brochure! Prinz' Prints would be the talk of London! But he had learnt that such opportunities must be jumped upon swiftly.

"I think that I vill go vith immediacy to Vingrave, to pervorm a Vrekkynaissance und see vot vill be required. Edvin, do you vish to join me?"

Harold gets the key and heads to the house with his photography equipment and whoever else wants to come
You know...we lost the first battle of the Chesapeake because of a mysterious...treacherous...Ankylosaurus

#34 Masked Dave

Masked Dave

Ultimate Lu-Tze

• Admin

Posted 19 May 2008 - 02:28 PM

Edwin can't resist but follow that amazing accent.
"It's amazing how deep we had to drill to find our key difference,
but it seems that whilst I am Amazing you are Ultimate."- Lu

#35 Feet

Feet

Hugo! Isaac! yay!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:27 PM

Clara wanted to get to the heart of the story as soon as possible, already she was growing weary of the men around her and of this whole charade, and that meant heading directly to the house in Wingrave. She had planned on going to the local jazz club this evening to meet friends, and drawing out this ordeal was not an appealing thought.

"I believe I will join you Mr Prinz, Mr... Magnificent."

sashaes to the exit behind Edwin and Harry.
I still love you

#36 Dystopian Rhetoric

Dystopian Rhetoric

Bumbling Idiot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2008 - 04:21 PM

View PostSKW05, on May 19 2008, 01:40 AM, said:

Richard will have a look at the insect in amber on the way out though, just to see if its anything he recognises from Africa/South America

It isn't.

#37 Bassoon

Bassoon

@~#*&$%

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2008 - 04:36 PM

Sir Topply follows the skirt.

#38 Dystopian Rhetoric

Dystopian Rhetoric

Bumbling Idiot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2008 - 10:04 PM

Richard briefly pops into the hospital to check on Merriweather on his way to Wingrave. His wife is still there, distraught as ever, but his son seems to have departed already. Asking a passing doctor what the old man died from reveals that it was cancer.