Day 1 - Breads

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
145 replies to this topic

#126 Hentzau

Hentzau

Bringer of Nuclear Fire

• Members

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:47 PM

View PostThe Captain, on Feb 18 2011, 08:39 PM, said:

You're just... argh! You're a ridiculous man!
I like you.

#127 Hey Kidz

Hey Kidz

TONY B. LIARS

• Members

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:51 PM

View PostThe Captain, on Feb 18 2011, 08:47 PM, said:

But he's not actually done anything to make me think he's a wolf, just things to make me know I don't like him as a person!

I do actually think you're a wolf. Voting to save yourself when it *seems* you're in danger, but you actually aren't? That seems like a decent tactical way to make a vote. It's the only thing I can see to actually make a vote on, so I'll be sticking with you.

It was a joke! Jesus. Why has everyone singled out my crappy joke vote over everyone elses? Anyway, I can't be bothered to get worked up about this anymore. I'm obviously not going to convince you. At least your vote for me has some kind of substance, unlike Lu's, where I don't even understand the words in the post.

#128 Kramer

Kramer

Chalk

• Members

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:51 PM

I don't really want Kidz to die. What's the count right now?

#129 Josh

Josh

Evil bird

• Admin

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:52 PM

So I make the voting:

Kidz x4
Strudel x3
Captain x2
INH, Girdag x1

10 minutes to go, ish
George Alagiaaaaaaargh: I lost my pecker in the siege :(

#130 The Captain

The Captain

Flunky

• Members
  • Pip

I don't see how it's a joke though? Calling it satire retrospectively seems like you just trying to avoid the criticism. And I don't see how it's satire anyway.

#131 Kramer

Kramer

Chalk

• Members

Strudel then. Based on the fact that Kidz would be dying for basically nothing and out of the two of them, I think Strudel was the more wormy.

#132 Hey Kidz

Hey Kidz

TONY B. LIARS

• Members

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:53 PM

@The Captain: Well that's the problem isn't it. I'm just recalling a voting trope from the old TWG games we've had. Obviously I don't expect you to read them to confirm that, but no-one has contradicted me when I claimed that before. Unlike certain players who might have gone after you because you're new and an easy target, I've given you the benefit of the doubt, so it would be nice if you did the same for me.

#133 Kramer

Kramer

Chalk

• Members

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:55 PM

I think anyone who doesn't nail their colours to the mast now, is ... morally dubious.

#134 XYZIA

XYZIA

I am the loop.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:55 PM

I think The Captain is being pretty wolfy tbh. He's taking very tiny slight and asides very seriously, which is usually a sign of a newbie wolf excited about their role and not wanting to die.

So wolf or special.

#135 Kramer

Kramer

Chalk

• Members

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:56 PM

View PostXYZIA, on Feb 18 2011, 08:55 PM, said:

I think The Captain is being pretty wolfy tbh. He's taking very tiny slight and asides very seriously, which is usually a sign of a newbie wolf excited about their role and not wanting to die.

So wolf or special.

Deal with him tomorrow, right now it's Kidz vs. Strudel. Your moral obligation is to pick.

#136 Hey Kidz

Hey Kidz

TONY B. LIARS

• Members

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:56 PM

Obviously I'm biased, but the fact that nobody has really defended me might make you all think the wolves are happy to see me die, yeah?

#137 The Captain

The Captain

Flunky

• Members
  • Pip

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:57 PM

But I understand the principle of voting to save yourself. It means you're voting for that person not because you think they're a wolf but because you'll die otherwise. That makes perfect sense.

I don't understand how that's something you can satirise rather than actually just do. At least not without a smilie or something to show you don't really mean it. In which case it'd be just weird.

#138 Kramer

Kramer

Chalk

• Members

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:58 PM

3 minutes. I will be making complex ethical arguments against those who do not vote for either Kidz or Strudel at this point. It's a binary choice and a moral imperative to vote. Abstaining is the choice of wolves.

#139 Hey Kidz

Hey Kidz

TONY B. LIARS

• Members

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:59 PM

View PostThe Captain, on Feb 18 2011, 08:57 PM, said:

I don't understand how that's something you can satirise rather than actually just do. At least not without a smilie or something to show you don't really mean it. In which case it'd be just weird.

Because that's not how I make a joke on this forum, and everyone else here is aware of that. I don't need to point out so obviously I'm making a joke. I don't expect you to know that, but again, nobody is contradicting me about this, so I'm probably telling the truth right?

#140 Josh

Josh

Evil bird

• Admin

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:01 PM

Stop.

#141 Hey Kidz

Hey Kidz

TONY B. LIARS

• Members

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:02 PM

Gripping. I hope Strudel dies because he's a bad man and I'm a good man.

#142 XYZIA

XYZIA

I am the loop.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:02 PM

Oh no! I was too late to save him!

#143 Hey Kidz

Hey Kidz

TONY B. LIARS

• Members

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:03 PM

I'm coming for you next, or from the grave XYZIA.

#144 The Captain

The Captain

Flunky

• Members
  • Pip

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:10 PM

View PostHey Kidz, on Feb 18 2011, 08:59 PM, said:

Because that's not how I make a joke on this forum, and everyone else here is aware of that. I don't need to point out so obviously I'm making a joke. I don't expect you to know that, but again, nobody is contradicting me about this, so I'm probably telling the truth right?
If he does survive, could somebody else verify this please? I just don't see, even if you have a dry style or that every post of yours is known to be taken slightly as a joke, that this could be seen as one. Did anyone read that post and think he was being anything other than serious?

#145 Josh

Josh

Evil bird

• Admin

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:10 PM

Thirteen impeccable cupcakes were lined before Mrs. Buxton, and she began to work along the line, sampling extensively.

The white chocolate and cranberry effort met with approval.

So too did banoffee.

The third cupcake, however, was burned plastic and cream cheese, and while technically very proficient it did not seem to be something that Mrs Buxton enjoyed.

"Too much cinnamon," she sniffed. "Who used cinnamon today?"

Four fingers pointed at Strudel, four at Kidz!

"Oh for god's sake," said Buxton, exasperated. "I'll just roll a dice then."

So she did, and Strudel lost, and was summarily ejected from the village. Woe! He was human.

Night orders by 10 please.

#146 Hey Kidz

Hey Kidz

TONY B. LIARS

• Members

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:12 PM

Oh well. At least I'm still alive. We can all take comfort in that right?