Day Six: Eat Me, Drink Me

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#1 The House

The House

Eerie and Eerier

• The House
  • PipPip

Posted 12 August 2009 - 09:01 PM

"Unhand me, you wiffians!" cried Philbert Julian Cadweller in angst, as his cohort descended upon him. Cybil fought bodily to protect her master but the eight-foot cat proved surprisingly adept at diverting the lady from her charge. The young Lord of the Manse was swiftly pinned down, anointed with holy water and read his rites.

That done, the others backed off, and he dusted his cloths with a slight humph on his face.

Hardly Dickens had the decency to look shamefaced. "Um, yes... as you... we had to be... not clear still... what you think is best?"

The little Lord raised his chin and pointed at the small cakes with a slight, haughty sound. The others shrugged and began nomming.

Within moments, everyone was back to their normal dimensions, except Heisenberg Cat, who rather liked being gargantuan. He couldn't be certain about his location, gender, or whether he was alive or dead, but at least he knew that he was big.

---

You walk through the north door into the pantry. There is a door to the east, but on the door is a sign that says:

NO ENTRY WITHOUT A HAT

You all appear to have either omitted or lost your millinery, and fear that you must improvise. HOW WILL YOU AVOID THIS PERIL.
It was an evil house from the beginning - a house that was born bad.

#2 Leafcutter

Leafcutter

Flunky

• Members
  • Pip

Posted 12 August 2009 - 09:25 PM

So, um, am I to understand... does this mean... overwhelming votes in favour... wasted our valuable spiritual influence... because Philbert's maidservant thought it amusing to imitate a ghost when challenged? Such childish tricks are... this is no time for... I really don't know what... honestly...

But a hat, you say... I fear we must have lost them back in... such a long way to fall... had only bought it last month... seven and sixpence... probably not worth going back to search for... the water would have ruined... ruined the... oh, heavens, my manuscript...

Which pocket did I...

Oh, thank heavens... it doesn't seem too badly... a little creased, but I think the bulk of it is... just a few loose sheets... I say, perhaps we could fashion some manner of Paper Crowns... or those little boat-shaped ones, if anyone knows how to make them...

#3 Masked Dave

Masked Dave

Ultimate Lu-Tze

• Admin

Posted 12 August 2009 - 10:32 PM

*puts Caterpie on head*
"It's amazing how deep we had to drill to find our key difference,
but it seems that whilst I am Amazing you are Ultimate."- Lu

#4 Inflammable Jim

Inflammable Jim

Overlooked by the Academy

• Admin

Posted 12 August 2009 - 10:58 PM

A haterpie
You know...we lost the first battle of the Chesapeake because of a mysterious...treacherous...Ankylosaurus

#5 Jentastic!

Jentastic!

Cake!

• Members

Posted 13 August 2009 - 06:39 AM

All Hell(met) breaks loose

What an eccentric mansion this is! To think that the owner would have put suits of armour around the pantry walls. Aha! Well, I do believe I have a cunning wheeze. What if we were to remove the helmets from these suits of armour and place them upon our own delicate craniums? We'd not only have some rather dapper headgear, but we will be protecting from any blows to the head that the house's tricks may attempt to inflict! Really, I don't see how this plan can fail.

<OOC: I'm out again tonight, but hopefully will be back early enough to pay attention to my SPREADSHEET OF CERTAIN DOOM>

I do think it should be noted that Scuzz, after my comments yesterday about a potential theme, neither responded to them nor posted a solution despite being around to post a vote for the exorcism (it would in any case have been a clever ghost move to get it that exorcism vote in quickly after it became very likely - after Kramer's post - that we'd all exorcise him). It's possible that if he is another ghost he could have been trying to get another turning in, especially if Kramer were indeed a ghost. I think he's worth at least being very cautious about at this point.
Existentialism? Don't even get me Sartred.

#6 Lu-Tze

Lu-Tze

Amazing Dave

• Members

Posted 13 August 2009 - 07:29 AM

All My Best Friends Are Melonheads

I can't help noticing a large number of large green melons around the pantry, surely with some deft knifework we could fashion them into a variety of stylish (if a little wet and sticky) hats. We can probably even find some kind of smaller green fruit to use for Heisenberg Cat (who, despite his own impressions on the matter, seems to be distinctly normal size once again).

Cadweller, to make up for you recent treatment, we can even fashion you the grandest fruit hat of all...

Posted Image
Il Porcupino Nil Sodomy Est

#7 Scuzz

Scuzz

Least Geeky Talesian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2009 - 07:34 AM

View PostJentastic!, on Aug 13 2009, 07:39 AM, said:

All Hell(met) breaks loose

What an eccentric mansion this is! To think that the owner would have put suits of armour around the pantry walls. Aha! Well, I do believe I have a cunning wheeze. What if we were to remove the helmets from these suits of armour and place them upon our own delicate craniums? We'd not only have some rather dapper headgear, but we will be protecting from any blows to the head that the house's tricks may attempt to inflict! Really, I don't see how this plan can fail.

<OOC: I'm out again tonight, but hopefully will be back early enough to pay attention to my SPREADSHEET OF CERTAIN DOOM>

I do think it should be noted that Scuzz, after my comments yesterday about a potential theme, neither responded to them nor posted a solution despite being around to post a vote for the exorcism (it would in any case have been a clever ghost move to get it that exorcism vote in quickly after it became very likely - after Kramer's post - that we'd all exorcise him). It's possible that if he is another ghost he could have been trying to get another turning in, especially if Kramer were indeed a ghost. I think he's worth at least being very cautious about at this point.

I'll answer all these points properly on my lunch break, basically I was busy most of the day then Fossii came to Edinburgh so we went to the pub then to see Rhys Darby in a big purple cow building.

Posted Image
"I've been disappointed with the boobs so far this season." - Masked Dave

#8 Masked Dave

Masked Dave

Ultimate Lu-Tze

• Admin

Posted 13 August 2009 - 07:46 AM

Silk Hats for All

What many people don't know is that Caterpie produce an excellent, fine silk thread. I suggest we farm them for several months in this hall until we can collect enough of silk to fashion our own magnificent hats which will be the envy of everyone.

Failing that I'll vote for Retracted (was All Hell(met) breaks loose) since extra protection in this place sounds like a good idea.

I don't suppose anyone's got a tally of points (that we know about) so far do they?

#9 Scuzz

Scuzz

Least Geeky Talesian

• Members

Posted 13 August 2009 - 07:50 AM

Cat hat

As a result of Heisenberg Cat returning to his correct dimensions there is a large volume of cat hair strewn around the hall, we should be able to fashion headgear from this pelt to protect our craniums. I have heard stories of large furry hats existing in countries far to the East of this one. As for Heisenberg Cat himself I suggest that we make him a bunnet from one of the cases of a pillow from that chair over there.

#10 The House

The House

Eerie and Eerier

• The House
  • PipPip

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:51 AM

OH MY GOD THERE HAS BEEN A TERRIBLE ACCIDENT

James Nizbok was attempting to train his ridiculous muscles by using his fighting moves against Caterpie Trainer's bug pokemon (they're super effective!). Alas, one of Caterpie Trainer's pokeballs contained a Machamp, who tore the good doctor in twain. There was a funeral, all very sad, wakka wakka wakka, you get over it.

Inflammable Jim has  been removed from play.

As a piece of general housekeeping, the outcome of exorcisms are not revealed; inasmuch as an exorcism cannot "fail", it may be deemed successful, but confirmation of Kramer's status pre-exorcism will not be forthcoming.

It was an evil house from the beginning - a house that was born bad.

#11 Kramer

Kramer

Chalk

• Members

Posted 13 August 2009 - 11:22 AM

Bandanas for All

Buoyed by gaining his first votes, Philbert seemed really excitable. "Oooh goody Cybil! Hats! Oh this is going to be so much fun! What have you got in that goody bag of yours?"

Cybil and Philbert sat cross-legged on the floor as Cybil produced miscelleous items from her "Essential Maid Kit", which they duly took much delight in placing on each other's heads. An apple, Philbert's night cap, his teddy, a ribbon, a bag of sugar, a box of makeup, a scissors, some thread, Philbert's "blanky". They were giggling like schoolgirls ... just for a moment they ceased to be spoiled master and long-suffering maidservant, and became a regular (albeit weaselly) 22-year old young man and a regular (albeit incredibly buxom) 19-year old young woman sharing in a spot of light-hearted japery together. Philbert's face showed signs of life and vitality: rosy cheeks and a beaming smile. They made a nice, if unconventional couple thought Philharmonia Triangle, as she looked on them fondly, already setting the scene to a brilliant and stirring score.

Philbert spoke while trying to supress further laughter,

"Honestly, though, I've got an idea ... well Cybil, we have a scissors here and really, I'm too old for this blanket if we are honest ... let's... dress up as priates! We ...well,  I mean you could easily make bandanas out of this material. What do you think Cybil?"

"Sounds like a great idea master"

"Honestly, you ... You can call me Philbert" He looked at her wide-eyed, almost vulnerable.

"Let's do it Philbert", she smiled.

The orchestra in Philharmonia Triangle's mind swirled to a flourish. Was love in the air?

#12 Scuzz

Scuzz

Least Geeky Talesian

• Members

Posted 13 August 2009 - 11:43 AM

View PostJentastic!, on Aug 13 2009, 07:39 AM, said:

The fact I mentioned music fairly explicitly twice is purely because if I don't know what to say I go for a music reference. When I saw "NO ENTRY WITHOUT A HAT" in today's opening post my first though was to start typing "We can dance if we want to, we can leave your friends behind" due to the 1982 classic "The Safety Dance" by Men Without Hats. Anyone who has been on my team in a game of zombie killing would probably unfortunately be aware of me singing this at random intervals. Unfortunately The House smote Dr. James Nizbok before he could say this is true.

I would like to think that today's solution post does not have anything that fits this supposed theme but as others have noted that the theme doesn't seem to fit with my day one solution either. Although the persistence in trying to villify me when I am comfortable in my own corporeal body does make me wonder if you are trying to divert attention and thus I will be looking at your own posts once I am finished with work for the day.

#13 Lu-Tze

Lu-Tze

Amazing Dave

• Members

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:27 PM

Scuzz is not dancing, and so is no friend of mine.

The Pokemon trainer however, is showing that he has some funky moves, and so i'll be voting for Silk Hats For All

EDIT: Ignore that... but lack of solutions from everybody yesterday means we can't trust Kramer any more than anyone else, if everyone had posted, we'd have known his solution was safe.
Il Porcupino Nil Sodomy Est

#14 Hentzau

Hentzau

Bringer of Nuclear Fire

• Members

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:42 PM

Okay, assuming Kramer was a ghost (and I think this is a good assumption, since he made a very lengthy post on Day Four but only voted for a solution and didn't post one himself), then we can assume that Scuzz and Jen and Strudel and Dave and Lu and Smurf were not ghosts on Day Four, since they all posted solutions. Jim may have been, but he was smited horribly. I didn't post one either, but you'll forgive me if I discount myself from the ghost stakes here. So, if Kramer was a ghost, and they turned on Day Four, then the following is true.

One of: Scuzz and Jen and Strudel and Dave and Lu and Smurf. Is now a ghost.

The second original ghost comes from a pool of: Jim and Leafcutter.

The winners of the solution votes are:

Day One: Scuzz. (2 points.)
Day Two: Jen. (2 points.)
Day Three: Hentzau. (2 points human.)
Day Four: Smurf. (2 points.)
Day Five: Kramer. (2 points human.)

I didn't call for the exorcism, therefore it was one of Scuzz or Jen or Smurf (or a ghost). However, one of these people has also probably been turned to the ghostly cause. This means that the ghost score is currently 4 (with the two points they get to start), and our score is currently 8.

I therefore vote to use the EDIT not the radio. I need to look at who did and didn't vote on other days as well I think.

EDIT2: Okay yeah this is a little more complex.

#15 Hentzau

Hentzau

Bringer of Nuclear Fire

• Members

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:02 PM

Day 2 non-voters: Masked and Strudel.
Day 3 non-voters: Jim and Lu.
Day 4 non-voters: Me and Jim and Leaf and Kramer.
Day 5 non-voters: Masked and Scuzz and Jim.

The differing combinations of those who did not vote each day mean that there is, at maximum, only one turning that could have possibly been made. Combinations are:

Masked and Strudel.
Jim and Lu.
Jim and Leaf.
Jim and Kramer.
Kramer and Leaf.
Masked and Scuzz.
Masked and Jim.
Scuzz and Jim.

Smurf and Jen do not appear anywhere on these lists, but this simply means that they are prime turning fodder.

People with points: Kramer Jen me Scuzz Smurf.

Ghosts get 2 points to start.

Only ONE of Jen and Smurf can have been turned.

I am human. Kramer is human.

Scuzz may be ghost.

IF the exorcism was correct, the worst case scenario is a 6-6 draw.
IF the exorcism was incorrect, then the worst case scenario is either 6-3 or 6-4 to the ghosts depending on whether or not players can possess negative scores.

#16 Hentzau

Hentzau

Bringer of Nuclear Fire

• Members

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:17 PM

Solution analysis: Scuzz.

View PostScuzz, on Aug 7 2009, 03:08 PM, said:

Ground Force

The landscaping team used to keep a set of tools outside the grounds in a conveniently built shed to tend to their "herb garden" in the woods. We could use tools to remove the vines from the gates and then hide in the shed until the horses hopefully scarper into the forest.

View PostScuzz, on Aug 9 2009, 11:59 AM, said:

The Village People

Kali doesn't seem so sure of where the real doom actually is and Buddha said that certain doom was to the North so I suggest that we go west.

View PostScuzz, on Aug 10 2009, 01:39 PM, said:

You're the voice

As of yet there has been no evidence of these dopplegangers being able to talk so I say that we have an impromptu karaoke session of a song that people cannot fail to join in with. I suggest Barbie Girl by Aqua.

View PostScuzz, on Aug 11 2009, 07:16 PM, said:

Sticky Situation

If I might offer up a solution of my own, I would suggest that those on the South side cover themselves in molasses and stick the balloons to themselves in the manner of a crude flotation aids. Those on the North side can create a lasso out of the licorice to try and hook the other team and help pull them through the torrent of water and onto their side. This should then allow us to assemble as a group once more and make our way up the stairs to higher ground.

However should we choose to go with another proposal my current recommendation is for the extreme solution
If he is a ghost he's not exactly trying to hide it with these one-sentence solutions. The only obvious common theme is, as has been stated, music, but unfortunately Day One does not fit that hypothesis. I'm inclined to think that he's just a rubbish human, although I'd avoid sending any more points his way for the moment.

#17 Josh

Josh

Evil bird

• Admin

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:21 PM

View PostHentzau, on Aug 13 2009, 06:02 PM, said:

IF the exorcism was incorrect, then the worst case scenario is either 6-3 or 6-4 to the ghosts depending on whether or not players can possess negative scores.
They can.
George Alagiaaaaaaargh: I lost my pecker in the siege :(

#18 Hentzau

Hentzau

Bringer of Nuclear Fire

• Members

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:31 PM

IF Scuzz is a human, THEN

Human score: 2 points off Scuzz. 2 points off me. 2 points off Kramer. 2 points off Smurf/Jen.
Ghost score: 2 points to start. 2 points off Smurf/Jen.

8-4 scoreline.

Incorrect exorcism reduces that to 5-4.

So is Scuzz a human?  If he is, we can win it today no matter what.

My solution, for the sake of posting a solution, is the Jimhat. We saw off Jim's head, and then one of us wears it through the door. It explicitly states "No entry without a hat", but says nothing about keeping it on your head once inside the room, so that person then takes it off and throws it out to the next person. Rinse and repeat eight times and we're all through the door, and we can then turn the head into a fetching shamanic totem to boot!

#19 Hentzau

Hentzau

Bringer of Nuclear Fire

• Members

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:33 PM

Incidentally, Scuzz, I hate you. If you'd just posted a solution yesterday we could all do this thing and go home without any existential hand-wringing.

#20 Hentzau

Hentzau

Bringer of Nuclear Fire

• Members

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:35 PM

I mean the alternative is that the ghosts haven't attempted to turn once in five days of play. Which I think is highly unlikely.

Screw it. Use the radio.

#21 Kramer

Kramer

Chalk

• Members

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:53 PM

OOC: My net time might be limited over the next couple of days, but I'd totally recommend not using that radio today.

#22 Scuzz

Scuzz

Least Geeky Talesian

• Members

Posted 13 August 2009 - 06:18 PM

I'm now in an awkward situation. I know I'm human. It says so on the labels my mum sewed into my pants. If Hentzau's logic is correct (which I'm inclined to believe because it has maths and a worst case scenario detailed in it) we can win today. The problem is that if I vote to use the radio I also have to convince the rest of you people that I am infact a human in order to make the vote pass but the ghosts will try to persuade you not to vote because of my supposed ghoulish mannerisms unless they are in fact 6-3 or 6-4 in front.

This means that I cannot vote on that at all.

Voting for a solution is difficult because of myself being busy at work and then having a social life, I do apologise. I am tempted to vote for All my friends are melonheads if only to be awkward and choose the solution with a title that is a Less Than Jake song.

#23 Scuzz

Scuzz

Least Geeky Talesian

• Members

Posted 13 August 2009 - 06:23 PM

View PostKramer, on Aug 13 2009, 12:22 PM, said:

rosy cheeks and a beaming smile.

Posted Image

Popped into my head but once again I'm not being especially helpful.

#24 Masked Dave

Masked Dave

Ultimate Lu-Tze

• Admin

Posted 13 August 2009 - 06:51 PM

I'm changing my vote to use radio.

#25 Masked Dave

Masked Dave

Ultimate Lu-Tze

• Admin

Posted 13 August 2009 - 06:53 PM

Wait... didn't somebody say earlier that Henty might have a theme of bodily harm and he just sawed off Jim's head... erm... bugger

Edit: No that's bollocks, ignore me.