BANG!, round four

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#1 Hentzau

Hentzau

Bringer of Nuclear Fire

• Members

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:22 PM

Jentastic! draws two cards.
CAD draws a Diamond, and must spend the turn in Jail.
Janek draws two cards.
Inflammable Jim draws a Club, and must spend the turn in Jail.
Kramer draws two cards.
Josh draws two cards
Feet draws two cards, the second of which is a BANG! with a Club on it. He receives no bonus cards.

Posted Image

#2 Josh

Josh

Evil bird

• Admin

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:30 PM

Oooh, Kramer and CAD. Which greasy gringo deserves to be shot up the most?
George Alagiaaaaaaargh: I lost my pecker in the siege :(

#3 Inflammable Jim

Inflammable Jim

Overlooked by the Academy

• Admin

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:33 PM

Rough neck so go check the law and abide
Watch your step with flex and get a hold in your side
Swallow your pride, don't let your lip react,
You don't wanna see my hand where my hip be at

Will Smith has much to teach us about these situations.
You know...we lost the first battle of the Chesapeake because of a mysterious...treacherous...Ankylosaurus

#4 Inflammable Jim

Inflammable Jim

• Admin

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:37 PM

Also maybe stop putting me in prison, I've learnt my lesson.
You know...we lost the first battle of the Chesapeake because of a mysterious...treacherous...Ankylosaurus

#5 Kramer

Kramer

Chalk

• Members

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:40 PM

#6 Janek

Janek

That's "Captain" to you

• Members

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:51 PM

Graph addenda: The special weapons don't have their ranges listed. I'm missing my scope. I think that's it.

In other news, I'm feeling mighty uncomfortable being sat between two people with infinite bangs. Methinks it's time to even the odds.
Ah! Harvard University! The special jail where people with too much math are imprisoned forever and forced to teach each other about poems.

Sandwiches are better than people. You can put anything you want in a sandwich, and it won't complain.

You spin me right round, baby, right round, in a manner depriving me of an inertial reference frame. Baby.

#7 Inflammable Jim

Inflammable Jim

• Admin

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:52 PM

Two people *in jail* who can't attack you because of your horse _

I feel that your in general standing back and waiting for the dust and corpses to clear before acting is very outlawish, too.

#8 Kramer

Kramer

Chalk

• Members

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:53 PM

I should note that the next person to take a shot at me is probably a bandit.

I'm a deputy, you see, and I am about to be killed.

#9 Janek

Janek

That's "Captain" to you

• Members

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:00 PM

View PostInflammable Jim, on May 20 2009, 05:52 PM, said:

Two people *in jail* who can't attack you because of your horse _

I feel that your in general standing back and waiting for the dust and corpses to clear before acting is very outlawish, too.
Yeah, and with the state of today's revolving door prisons, they'll be out again tomorrow! Besides, CAD can hit me.

And to be honest that sort of behaviour is more like a renegade. Not that I'm them, nor am I particularly acting that way! I just needed time to prepare to defend myself from homicidal maniacs.
Ah! Harvard University! The special jail where people with too much math are imprisoned forever and forced to teach each other about poems.

Sandwiches are better than people. You can put anything you want in a sandwich, and it won't complain.

You spin me right round, baby, right round, in a manner depriving me of an inertial reference frame. Baby.

#10 Inflammable Jim

Inflammable Jim

• Admin

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:04 PM

Are you impugning the character of Will Smith

#11 Kramer

Kramer

Chalk

• Members

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:06 PM

Turns out Will Smith is a low down heel.

#12 Clearasday

Clearasday

Bake 'em away toys.

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:33 PM

Could someone spring me? I'm a deputy, and thus I say it's very unlikely for Kramer to be a deputy too, so please shoot away at him.
Feet has been acting really dodgy, and I want to shoot him dead =(
"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head."

#13 Kramer

Kramer

Chalk

• Members

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:02 PM

View PostClearasday, on May 20 2009, 06:33 PM, said:

Could someone spring me? I'm a deputy, and thus I say it's very unlikely for Kramer to be a deputy too, so please shoot away at him.
Feet has been acting really dodgy, and I want to shoot him dead =(

CAD, why does you being a deputy have any bearing on my status?

#14 Lu-Tze

Lu-Tze

Amazing Dave

• Members

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:53 PM

View PostKramer, on May 20 2009, 07:02 PM, said:

CAD, why does you being a deputy have any bearing on my status?
MAFFS
Il Porcupino Nil Sodomy Est

#15 Clearasday

Clearasday

Bake 'em away toys.

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:57 PM

Because it's very unlikely for both the deputies to be singled out and killed so early isn't it? Bah I don't know.
"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head."

#16 Inflammable Jim

Inflammable Jim

• Admin

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:58 PM

Don't make me crack open the statsbook

#17 Kramer

Kramer

Chalk

• Members

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:19 PM

Well:

1. I don't know what the hell I'm doing and have just been messing about the whole game.

2. A well coordinated bandit team could easily nail the deputies early.

Your argument is built on  a fallacy CAD.

If CAD is human, then Kramer is a wolf; if CAR is a wolf, Kramer is a human.

Both the antecedent and the consequent in both statements are based on false premises.

Logical error 101.

#18 Insert Name Here

Insert Name Here

Reassuringly Elephants

• Members

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:23 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when we were playing in the pub, the outlaws weren't in cahoots. This isn't like TWG, they're all out for themselves and they don't know who each other are.
the internet was discovered when an internet fell out of a tree and hit lord isaac internet on the head

#19 Clearasday

Clearasday

Bake 'em away toys.

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:23 PM

Cool it Kramer, I wasn't going on any solid evidence, just simple fortune as I said, we couldn't both be deputies and die this early, could we? it would be game over like tomorrow, since they'd team Jen.

#20 Kramer

Kramer

Chalk

• Members

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:26 PM

Well all I can say is that I still don't really know what I'm doing.

I took sly shots at Feet simply because I had a gun that could reach him and he couldn't reach me and I thought it was funny. That's the truth.

I don't want to lose the game though. I'm a deputy, so the person who takes a shot at me tonight is likely a bandit.

#21 Feet

Feet

Hugo! Isaac! yay!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:48 AM

The problem here is that none of us are going to know anything until somebody dies and a role is revealed and even then it's just as likely going to be luck ratehr than judgement if you manage to kill an enemy role. And it's not like me killing Kramer, or Kramer coming after me indicates anything of his or my role. It's just fun.

TBH I think the victory conditions for each role could do with tweaking and differentiating a bit more in a way that would encourage different play styles that could be identified by a shrewd mind. Something that would allow people to genuinely postulate who friends and enemies are. Right now me and Kramer have blasted away at each other and it's fun but I have no idea if I'm killing someone I should be.

Anyway, enough of the metagame analysis. I have 3 cards, I have two life points. Cards on the table now, I intend to discard my Panic! card to the pile and hold my two cards in hand. Basically I'm sitting this round out.
I still love you

#22 Hentzau

Hentzau

Bringer of Nuclear Fire

• Members

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:58 AM

Shit ain't going to be happenin' till this evening because I have a presentation to learn for 2 o'clock. First, however, I have to write it.

#23 Jentastic!

Jentastic!

Cake!

• Members

Posted 21 May 2009 - 06:28 PM

Selfish!
Existentialism? Don't even get me Sartred.

#24 Hentzau

Hentzau

Bringer of Nuclear Fire

• Members

Posted 21 May 2009 - 06:51 PM

Round 4

Card 1

Jentastic! equips Carbine! 4 range.

Janek Duels CAD! This ignores his Mustang and his Barrel; having no bullets and only one life point, CAD dies horribly!

Kramer attempts to extend Inflammable Jims stay in Jail!

Josh  equips Winchester! 5 range.

Feet discards Panic!

Card 2

Jentastic! BANGs Josh! He must spend two Missed! cards because of her special ability!

Janek plays a Cat Balou and forces Feet to discard his Remington!

Kramer discards Panic!

Card 2

Kramer discards Cat Balou and gains +1 life point due to his special ability.

Jentastic! Carbine equipped
CAD  - Dies horribly
Janek - Nothing
Inflammable Jim Jail, again
Kramer  - +1 life point
Josh Winchester equipped

Feet Remington lost.

#25 Inflammable Jim

Inflammable Jim

• Admin

Posted 21 May 2009 - 07:04 PM

What is this indignity