The British Library

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#26 Kramer

Kramer

Chalk

• Members

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:05 PM

Forbes turned to the others.

"Gentlemen, it has been my intention from the start to visit Merriweather's solicitor in order to read the fine print on our supposed inheritance. And to attempt to glean further information. I do not want to go on some wild goose chase only to find my efforts have been in vain. If no one wishes to accompany me, I shall join you at Wingrave after my business is done -- though not before taking the necessary precautions. I think it would be very unwise to continue unarmed when such dangerous and things would appear to lie afoot".

Forbes waits for a response. DR -- is there any way we can buy swords or guns or something like that?

#27 Bassoon

Bassoon

@~#*&$%

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:11 PM

You want to stab Cthulu to death?

#28 Dystopian Rhetoric

Dystopian Rhetoric

Bumbling Idiot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:27 PM

Purchasing a shotgun is no problem at all, they're completely unregulated at this point. Pistols and rifles require a fairly lengthy registration process, but Ben most likely has contacts who could sell him a black market one. Purchasing a sword would not be a problem either. Carrying these weapons around in public, however, would attract very funny looks and probably police attention.

If you do want to buy the weapons, there's no need to do a lengthy gun shop scene or whatever, just send me a PM and move on to Wingrave.

#29 Schtroumpf

Schtroumpf

Swashbuckling Boat Mage

• Admin

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:23 PM

Would Jock have one (not on his person, obviously) as he shoots for a hobby?

Leave for Wingrave with whoever else wishes to travel (and possible stop off at his house for a shotguns if thats allowed).

"The temperature inside this apple pie is over 1000 degrees. If I squeeze it, a jet of molten bramley apple will squirt out. Could go your way; could go mine. Either way, one of us is going down."

#30 Dystopian Rhetoric

Dystopian Rhetoric

Bumbling Idiot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:26 PM

View PostSmurf, on May 20 2008, 08:23 PM, said:

Would Jock have one (not on his person, obviously) as he shoots for a hobby?

Leave for Wingrave with whoever else wishes to travel (and possible stop off at his house for a shotguns if thats allowed).

Yes Jock would already own one.

#31 Kramer

Kramer

Chalk

• Members

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:27 PM

Forbes decides to leave visiting the solicitors until later. After purchasing a shotgun from the high street, he joins the expedition to Wingrave

#32 SKW05

SKW05

Steven W

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:40 PM

Can I still ask Dr Armitage my question?  If we can find anyone else who has read the book, then we needn't worryabout not being able to take it with us to the house.  Of course, if a thief were in ths party and to steal the book, think of his shock!  _

Richard sighed to himself.  Those public school latin lessons seemed so long ago; having to hand the book back to Forbes had been somewhat irritating to his pride.  He harumphed into his moustache; those accusations from Forbes at Armitage had made him far less certain he was journeying with the right sort.  What was this club of his; some kind of illegal gambling den?  Having to hand back the book back to Forbes rankled still more.  Still, chin up: they were further forward than before.

Richard felt fairly uninterested in the exact details of the proposed inheritence.  However, he toyed with the idea of dropping in on the Merriweather's.  Old Merriweather was probably no longer with them, but he may have said something before leaving that was relevant.  Perhaps he could learn what the doctors thought had ended Merriweather's life!  Besides, Richard didn't quite trust that son of his, despite him being the only child of an old family friend.  A prudent visit would be in order, to pass on his comiserations (and just to check what the young devil might be up to).  Besides, if Forbes was intent of this silly plan of dragged weapons along with them (good lord!  You'd think Forbes was buying into all this occult nonsense!) then he - Richard- would be wise to pick up his own shotgun and hang gun from his London flat.  He wouldn't trust his companions to hit Rhino if it were wearing a pink tutu and dancing the balero in front in them!

I've surely got a gun collection, right?

#33 Dystopian Rhetoric

Dystopian Rhetoric

Bumbling Idiot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2008 - 10:02 PM

Yes, sure. Oh, and of course, the question.

Doctor Armitage looks to be in a poor mood, but extends one shaking finger in Richard's direction none the less.

"Why is this book restricted? If you've come looking for it, you should have an idea already I'd warrant. Let me tell you now, no good will come of this. What you're investigating now, these are things best left unseen my humans eyes."